I Just Realized

emmitt01

Both great athletes, bring a skill set to the table that other QBs on the roster can't...and turn the ball over just enough to make victory far from certain.

Oh, and most importantly, they make enough "big time" plays that the fan base just can't bring itself to blame them.

Edited by emmitt01

ROMO is overrated, always has been. Remember this guy was a third-string Qb. Parcells told the young qb, hold on to the ball you are turnover prone, Parcells left Dallas because he saw ROMO for what he was.

This is his 5th year and we have went through alot of money and talent and we still face the same problems, I would say bench him, but we only have Jon Kitna?

A starting Kitna would have won that game today.

I'm not saying that b/c I'm a Dallas fan who is rooting for the backup QB. I'm a Redskin fan who can give an unbiased opinion. Romo can move around in the pocket and buy some time , but weather he's sitting back n the pocket or scrambling he missed several throws that would have been the difference in the game today.

Both great athletes, bring a skill set to the table that other QBs on the roster can't...and turn the ball over just enough to make victory far from certain.

Oh, and most importantly, they make enough "big time" plays that the fan base just can't bring itself to blame them.

Romo has 4.4 speed?

Riley is nothing like Romo. 1:56 left in the game, Cowboys down a TD and getting the ball back, and Romo is sitting on the bench by himself looking like a whipped dog. No leadership ability and looking like he wanted to be anywhere bu the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Riley is always up on the sideline encouraging his teammates. Riley signaled in plays when he was hurt during the Bama game. The Romo I saw today wouldn't have the motivation to do that.

not so fast my friend. riley has yet to complete a season, knows how to communicate to the media, has leadership abilities and has the potential to develop. Romo loves hollywood, doesn't like pressure, has had many years to prove his worth and lacks leadership skills.

Riley is not God but check this comment inabout 2 years when McGee is quarterbacking the Boys and UNT is hoping to compete for championships.

Way premature.

GMG

Riley is nothing like Romo. 1:56 left in the game, Cowboys down a TD and getting the ball back, and Romo is sitting on the bench by himself looking like a whipped dog. No leadership ability and looking like he wanted to be anywhere bu the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

Riley is always up on the sideline encouraging his teammates. Riley signaled in plays when he was hurt during the Bama game. The Romo I saw today wouldn't have the motivation to do that.

I wanted to say this as well, no leadership whatsoever from ROMO, whatsoever

Also if you feel confident about your Dallas Cowboys, know this, the teams they beat this season are a combined 0-7 for the season, wow....

Also this is swirling as of late, Wade Phillips might lose his job in the next coming weeks, if this is true, please take ROMO out of the equation

Step away from the donuts emmitt... :P

I guess 2-2 is not so bad after all.... :angry:

I would agree with the postings regarding the difference in leadership and also state that Riley is a proven winner. I have yet to hear of any championships Romo's won.

Regarding the second part of your post, claiming that people can't blame Riley/Romo is ridiculous, but you aren't seeing a lot of blame aimed at Riley yet because the majority realize that he is a red shirt freshman having only started 3 games in his collegiate career.

Riley is going to be just fine, I think that given time we will see some Romoesque qualities in him. Well, back when Romo was the toast of the NFL making consecutive Pro-Bowls and leading the league in passing categories and setting Dallas Cowboys records galore...

I was pissed about yesterdays game as much as everyone else, and Romo looked horrible again... Wade should be gone by halfway through the season and Jason Garrett should be the coach for the second half so we can fire him too and get Shanahan or Couher (sp) for next season and the future.

As for Riley, the kid has talent, there is no denying that. We need to give him a minute or two to get his feet under him and it looks like he is doing that pretty quickly. We will see next week

Edited by hickoryhouse

I was very disappointed in the play of Romo yesterday. I actually think he single handed "lost" that game for the Cowboys. He was "off" with his throws all game, made some poor choices on his reads, about got Roy Williams cut in half, fumbled and threw the picks. Now, that being said...what was up with the second half play calling? Seven rushes in the second half...Is it Romo or is it Garrett that is overrated the most????? Romo has the physical skills to be a consistent winner in the NFL, but does he have the "smarts" to be one? I am really beginning to wonder...

As for Riley...well, Riley will be just fine. He has not played as #1 long enough to have his abilities questioned or compared to Romo in any way...time will tell and I think Riley will be just fine...

GO MEAN GREEN!

"...Riley is a proven winner. I have yet to hear of any championships Romo's won."

Yes, because in the big picture of the NFL, those high school championships are so important. I mean, everybody knows that the NFL scouts and general managers pretty much ignore what a player does in college and drills down to what guys did in high school. If only Tony had some high school championships under his belt, he'd be a better quarterback. He might even be able to beat mid-majors like Ohio and Middle Tennessee like Riley...oops...wait a minute.

Looks like I've got the "proven winner's" games mixed up. Someone list Riley's college wins for us here, then list Tony's college and pro wins. Make sure you bring an extra sheet of paper. If you spell out B-A-L-L S-T-A-T-E really big, maybe you can fit Riley's college wins onto two sheets of paper.

Maybe the problem is that Tony's dad doesn't coach the Cowboys. I mean, you look at our alma mater UNT and Colorado and you can easily see that the father-son/head coach-quarterback package is unstoppable. Jerry Jones is crazy to keep Wade around when Tony Romo's dad is available.

Now, I don't know if Romo and his dad wrote plays out on napkins at the dinner table or at restaurants or if they drew them up on the church bulletins, but whatever. It must work because we're off to a flying start with Riley at 1-3 and Dallas is just 2-2 with both loses to undefeated teams with Tony. I mean, the comparison between the two is obvious.

Guest GrayEagleOne

High school championships aren't important. I don't know why we even bother to play them. But as long as we do maybe we should acknowledge that Riley Dodge has quarterbacked one in a state where football is king. Tony Romo did get to the semi-finals in Wisconsin. Not bad, but at the same stage of development...advantage Dodge.

Three games into Riley Dodge's college career he has one win. Three games into Tony Romo's college career he had ZERO. You don't even need paper for that. In Romo's fourth game his Eastern Illinois Panthers did beat Tennessee-Martin. He went on to win another game the last game of the season. A two win season for Tony over the likes of Tennessee-Martin and Eastern Kentucky his freshman year.

The nepotism suggestion is a new low for you TFLF. How many think that Riley is the starting QB simply because his dad is the head coach? The insuation is crap and you know it. The state championship, offensive player of the year, Parade All-American must all be bs because it happened in high school. Riley is starting because he is the best that we have. If the mistakes don't diminish then come in and make a legitimate gripe but let's see what Riley does in his first season; not just three games.