Top ten Most Frustrating games that come to mind over the last 15 year

untjim1995

Top ten Most Frustrating games that come to mind over the last 15 years:

1. Tech loss where McLane fumbles--if he doesn't fumble, we win and would have all 4 games in Lubbock that we played between 1988 and 2000.

2. TCU game where the fullback dive was in full effect and we lose 16-10

3. Arizona wher we have a field goal blocked and returned for a TD, which will then lose 13-9

4. OSU in Stillwater, in our last year as a I-AA team, lose on a last-second field goal

5. Losing to Boise State in the same year listed above, where we get stuffed at the 1-yard line twice and only get 3 points off of those two possession, then lose 24-10 when their one-armed bandit safety makes a huge interception in the 4th quarter to set up the go-ahead score (This would only happen to us, BTW)

6. A&M game at Texas Stadium where Tubby fumbles away the punt

7. SMU game in 2007 which gives them their only win of the season because our defense was so epically awful

8. Memphis in the bowl game because I believe we were as good if not better, but we had too many penalties and mental errors

9. TCU loss featuring the infamous "Throw the Ball" chant

10. 2006 FIU game in Denton--I still think neither team deserved to be credited with a win after that debacle

This is in no order, just games that came to mind. Any others??

Top ten Most Frustrating games that come to mind over the last 15 years:

1. Tech loss where McLane fumbles--if he doesn't fumble, we win and would have all 4 games in Lubbock that we played between 1988 and 2000.

2. TCU game where the fullback dive was in full effect and we lose 16-10

3. Arizona wher we have a field goal blocked and returned for a TD, which will then lose 13-9

4. OSU in Stillwater, in our last year as a I-AA team, lose on a last-second field goal

5. Losing to Boise State in the same year listed above, where we get stuffed at the 1-yard line twice and only get 3 points off of those two possession, then lose 24-10 when their one-armed bandit safety makes a huge interception in the 4th quarter to set up the go-ahead score (This would only happen to us, BTW)

6. A&M game at Texas Stadium where Tubby fumbles away the punt

7. SMU game in 2007 which gives them their only win of the season because our defense was so epically awful

8. Memphis in the bowl game because I believe we were as good if not better, but we had too many penalties and mental errors

9. TCU loss featuring the infamous "Throw the Ball" chant

10. 2006 FIU game in Denton--I still think neither team deserved to be credited with a win after that debacle

This is in no order, just games that came to mind. Any others??

This probably deserves its own thread.

You've got a good memory--most of these I have successfully blocked from mine. But I pretty well agree with you. Maybe the 2007 Navy game should be around 9 or 10. So many games against our Big West foes that just broke my heart.

• Upvote 1

Guest JohnDenver

Good idea MG9398... I split it.

Some where in there:

*USF at home, when Jamel Branch stepped out of bounds on his long TD catch.

*The Tulsa home opener when we got DESTROYED. We stay to the end to watch while all 20 of my guests left at halftime.

• Upvote 1

Last year's entire home schedule makes the top 10 for me with the home opener being the biggest beatdown ever. 42-10 at halftime. Ugh.

You've got to have the McClane fumble at the Tech 2 in there, but it's sure hard to ignore the Scott Hall "lesson" game against Texas Tech at Texas Stadium. DD benches Hall in an absolutely huge game for us, and then put him in late (once the game was out of reach)---then he leads us to 2 TDs immediately. I still never want to play in Texas Stadium again after that game.

The Air Force game one week after we beat the crap out of Baylor....

....seriously, this thread could last forever.....

Edited by TIgreen01

Hey, I thought that FIU, seven overtime game was a lot of fun. Two very bad teams battling it out with lots of effort. Three games I will always remember in a very bad way:

1981 game in Tyler's one year against ULL at Lafayette. NT had just had a relatively good effort against UT, a 10-23 loss. There was a big write up in the Lafayette paper about how NT was the most "big time" school to ever play at Lafayette. NT lost 11-34 and was thoroughly dominated.

1982 game against a undefeated New Mexico team. NT had a 17-14 lead with time for one play, NM had the ball on about their 30. NM threw up a long sideline pass and there was no a NT defender close and won the game 20-17.

The worst NT game I have seen. SMU coming back from the death penalty in 1989 played NT at Owens. With a team full of redshirts, SMU had lost the week before to Houston 21-95. SMU trounced NT 35-9 and it was not that close. Total lack of effort from Corky's team.

Has UNT ever beat Texas? I know there have been a few victories over Tech.

Well, that depends how you define "Beat". We did beat them in 1988, but just not in the final score. Not sure if want to open up this can of whorns. Just ask Tasty sometime, he loves to talk about the '88 Texas game.