Should Rv Have A Short List?

emmitt01

Merely wondering aloud here, but should RV have a short list of potential head football coaches already in mind going into this season? Sure, sure, Todge could make a miraculous turnaround and we could win 5 or 6 games (how sad that this is "miraculous") but if we are honest with ourselves (not just stand around chanting GOOD THINGS) I think we know what could/probably will happen. If we don't have a list in mind and things go the way they have gone the last two seaons then how far into the hole do we put ourselves in terms of recruiting and finding a staff?

Merely wondering aloud here, but should RV have a short list of potential head football coaches already in mind going into this season? Sure, sure, Todge could make a miraculous turnaround and we could win 5 or 6 games (how sad that this is "miraculous") but if we are honest with ourselves (not just stand around chanting GOOD THINGS) I think we know what could/probably will happen. If we don't have a list in mind and things go the way they have gone the last two seaons then how far into the hole do we put ourselves in terms of recruiting and finding a staff?

Rv usually does keep a short list. I know even during the last winning year under DD when I was with the team in Memphis awaiting a bus trip to Ark. St. there were numerous AD s and coaches on his speed dial. Of course some of those may have been there for his own escape as well.

Ridiculous post...of course RV has plans in place in case things don't go as planned, as does every AD with a coach in Dodge's position. That goes for all sports.

Why the hell do we continue to beat this dead horse. The AD is completely aware of the situation as well as information that even the hardest core of gomeangreen.com don't have at their disposal.

I know there are hundreds of armchair coaches on this board who believe that they could do better than Dodge at this point, they really don't have a damned clue, couldn't really coach a middle school team, and have no idea what the inner circle is doing and what timeline Dodge was really given.

The horse is dead...let it RIP

I am getting tired head over the pointless Dodge talk...he is our coach this year and more than likely the year after...deal with it. If he gets canned it is going to be another unproven guy so get used to that as well

Edited by BIG DAWG

Here's my question. Do we want him making the final decision about the next HC?

Another ridiculous post...look at the hires he has made at this university...many of them have brought alot to the programs they have been hired for...Basketball, softball, swimming, soccer...and YES...football.

The Dodge hire was good for the universoty at the time, and may still be good for the program. If he rights the ship, he would have brought money in, fans in, and wins.

RV can hire coaches well

I am not arguing with you, and regardless how I feel about Dodge or his performance this coming season I think the Admin gives him a full four years as head coach before they even think about clipping his wings.

The Dodge hire was good for the universoty at the time, and may still be good for the program. If he rights the ship, he would have brought money in, fans in, and wins.

read your own post: was, maybe, if, could, blah, blah. no dodge l;ove fest here, win or go home. and 4-8 is not winning! better toi start over with new coach in new stadium

I look for good things in year three of the Dodge experiment. Why not be optomistic about my university's team. I went to school at UNT, so it is my team rain or shine. I will complain when things go bad or when I disagree with things (fourth and one from the shotgun anyone?), but at the end of the day what am I going to do?

4-8 probably does buy year 4 for Dodge. No improvement in 2010 probably gets you your wish granted with a new coach in the new stadium in 2011. Happy?

Personally I would rather us be successful with Dodge.

UNT, and RV, have a lot invested in Dodge. It won't be tossed quickly or without cause. If Dodge was winning up to now we'd all be giddy. He is a good spokesman for the program and still very well respected at the high school level and with media. The only thing missing is the W's. That said, it is the W's that count in coaching and program success, not how nice they are. There does need to be hard evidence of a turnaround happening this season. Not sure what that is exactly in defined numbers but we'll know it when we see it!! :)

Emmit, Lonnie, Love MG, i have told you all this before and ill tell you all this again...Dodge could go 0'fer next year and he will still be here for year 5...the university is committed to him as the Football coach and if your a REAL fan of the program you would be committed to him to.

After the RIDICULOUS Hiring of Todd Dodge I don't think RV should be given the privilege of hiring a new football coach.

The reason RV was hired was because of fundraising and that hasn't exactly gone anywhere.

With some of his top recruits leaving I don't see the team being any better than 1-11 or 2-10 this year.

On the brightside at least beating WKU will count as a Div 1 win this upcoming year.

My how far we have fallen. We are so reluctant to look our program in the mirror and admit that perhaps it's time to go in a new direction that the mere questioning of whether our AD should have a list of potential candidates in mind brings about vitriol? What evidence, any evidence, ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD has bought this level of loyalty? And to say that "real" fans should stand behind a coach with a combined 3 wins...now that truly is, as so many of you like to say, ridiculous. Any "real" fan should be able to ask the hard question of where do we stand and what are we doing to move forward?"

Please, insert, 1)We're getting a stadium, nevermind the 20-30 million yet unaccounted for or 2)Todd Dodge is bringing in the creme de la creme of athletes, though nobody outside of our fanbase agrees.

I just posed a simple question. Clearly even the softballs are too hard to hit these days.

My how far we have fallen. We are so reluctant to look our program in the mirror and admit that perhaps it's time to go in a new direction that the mere questioning of whether our AD should have a list of potential candidates in mind brings about vitriol? What evidence, any evidence, ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD has bought this level of loyalty? And to say that "real" fans should stand behind a coach with a combined 3 wins...now that truly is, as so many of you like to say, ridiculous. Any "real" fan should be able to ask the hard question of where do we stand and what are we doing to move forward?"

Please, insert, 1)We're getting a stadium, nevermind the 20-30 million yet unaccounted for or 2)Todd Dodge is bringing in the creme de la creme of athletes, though nobody outside of our fanbase agrees.

I just posed a simple question. Clearly even the softballs are too hard to hit these days.

Im not saying you have to stand behind the coach...im saying that maybe instead you should stand behind the Athletic Dept and the football program becuase this is what they feel is the best thing for it.

He should have at least 4 coaches on speed dial. If Dodge posts anything less than 4 wins, he should pick up the phone and press that one damn button. This stadium is being built in-spite of Dodge, not because of him. Thank the students and the fifty some odd percent who wants to see athletics succeed.

Edited by Got5onIt

Im not saying you have to stand behind the coach...im saying that maybe instead you should stand behind the Athletic Dept and the football program becuase this is what they feel is the best thing for it.

Do you know Emmitt?

I couldn't ever question that dude's fandom.

Emmit, Lonnie, Love MG, i have told you all this before and ill tell you all this again...Dodge could go 0'fer next year and he will still be here for year 5...the university is committed to him as the Football coach and if your a REAL fan of the program you would be committed to him to.

How in the world do you know the University is committed to him? Your second statement about real fans is just plain crazy. Real fans want the best for their team and that may or may not be to keep Dodge after this year. If Dodge has another disastrous year there is no way it would be in the University's best interest to retain Dodge. Some people worry about the cost of a buy out but that would be small compared to the cost of two more seasons like Dodge's first two.