This Is Getting Out Of Hand

:angry2::blink::wacko: :wacko: :unsure: :unsure: :(<_<:o:huh:

Folks, I have been off the board for a month or so due to my workload. I come back, find half the board banned, the other half chocking each other in front of flaming ruins.

I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, the fears I had when we first opened up this forum have come to fruition.

So, I am seeking your input, should we shut down political discussion?

Also, I might grant some clemency, I need to check out the infractions first though.

ps: Why would I grant clemency? Because I am a peace loving man... and I will kill anyone who says otherwise. :ninja:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, you just have to accept it for what it is...I don't take it too seriously (you may not know that from some of my posts)...I mean the postings...politics I take very seriously...but, everyone is welcome to their opions. And, that's what 99% of this stuff is anyway...opinion. I work for a "policy think thank"..really, I do...used to be a banker....I don't "think" about policy...I'm the CFO guy.....but, what I can tell you since we spend so much time in Washington, DC is that the "normal" citizen out here in the hinterlands, has very little...very little first hand knowledge of what is actually going on...the news folks (both sides) feed you what you want, and people hear and read what they want to hear and read...just like they choose to be either positive or negative (funny how many of the negative folks tend to want to call themselves "realists").

Anyway, i think this section is good and should be allowed to saty...however, folks need to "play nice" or be banned from the sandbox. Keep it civil...don't call fellow posters bad names, etc. and it will continue to be a good place for political discussion. It's fun...that's all.

And, while you are at it...Go ahead and FREE QUONER, TASTY and GREENP1....they have done their time! Maybe you can realease them and keep them on "parole" while they serve out the rest of their sentance! Hey, even that idiot of a mayor from Detroit got out! And, God forbid, he decided to come to the Dallas area! Good Grief. Maybe he can play football and Jerry wants him for the Cowboys!

I like it as long as people don't get carried away calling each other names. The chats back and forth are informative at times and entertaining other times. For the most part it is just a small group of us maybe 30 - 40 users max with a core less then 20 users. The three that got banned were pushing the envelope, I think they meant it in good fun, a kind of black satire of sorts. The non-sports section can not be seen by the general public so a 3 month ban seems a bit heavy. But in the end I don't think they really meant to offend anyone, just trying some shock value that most of us are used to by now from that lot.

Edited by KingDL1

why ban political discussions as long as everyone adhears to the same board rules?

there are some great comments and commentaries, from both sides, that everyone may benefit.

i voted 'No' but would have voted 'nazi' but did not for fear of quoner posting the picture of the nazi cat again. :lol:

for cbl-

if we have quoner freed then do we also free the indianapolis five hundred?

Edited by eulesseagle

I voted no, but there seems to be a very large gray area as to what is acceptable and what is not. I got banned for posing a question via PM, so who knows.

Send me a PM. So I can ban you :)

No, really, send me a PM, I am interested in hearing your story.

ALSO: What is wrong with you people, how is pie not running away with this poll?