Voting Results

Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone with "SGA Officials" (good friends of mine) they said that the "public" won't be able to know until tomorrow @ 5:00! The Election Board Chairman will be posting the official results online at http://www.untsga.com !

I'm hoping that the truth will leak out and be posted sometime tonight! I plan on going out to the bars tonight and trying to get these guys googley-eyed enough to tell me the outcome of the referendum.

Best Regards,

RockGuitarist4life

Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone with "SGA Officials" (good friends of mine) they said that the "public" won't be able to know until tomorrow @ 5:00! The Election Board Chairman will be posting the official results online at http://www.untsga.com !

I'm hoping that the truth will leak out and be posted sometime tonight! I plan on going out to the bars tonight and trying to get these guys googley-eyed enough to tell me the outcome of the referendum.

Best Regards,

RockGuitarist4life

good luck!!!!

Oh, and there we were all in one place,

A generation lost in space

With no time left to start again.

So come on: jack be nimble, jack be quick!

Jack flash sat on a candlestick

Cause fire is the devils only friend.

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage.

No angel born in hell

Could break that satans spell.

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite,

I saw satan laughing with delight

The day the music died

So.....

Tell me that isn't what I think it is?

Oh, and there we were all in one place,

A generation lost in space

With no time left to start again.

So come on: jack be nimble, jack be quick!

Jack flash sat on a candlestick

Cause fire is the devils only friend.

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage.

No angel born in hell

Could break that satans spell.

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite,

I saw satan laughing with delight

The day the music died

So.....

Oh.......now I feel better.........

I am supposed to be studying for accounting right now................ that is definitely not happening :(

Dude, you need to be studying. We aren't going to get any results tonight.

I'm sure if anyone knows the results early it will be to RV, then TD. Can anyone in Monroe go check RV's mood tonight?

Here is what gets me. If RV knows the results, he should let the alumni know as soon as possible. I don't think they know the results - what's so big about 5pm tomorrow as opposed to right now?

Here is what gets me. If RV knows the results, he should let the alumni know as soon as possible. I don't think they know the results - what's so big about 5pm tomorrow as opposed to right now?

SGA bylaws say that results cannot be certified until 24 hours after the election. If a current bill passes, it will be the first business day starting next semester.

A bill was introduced to change the election code. It would make elections last at least 3 days and then results are released the first business day after a 24-hour certification period.

I hope the bill defines what a business day is, cause where I work every day is a business day unless it is Christmas Day.

A bill was introduced to change the election code. It would make elections last at least 3 days and then results are released the first business day after a 24-hour certification period.

Election code? I am so confused.......... tell me there is not a revote........

Election code? I am so confused.......... tell me there is not a revote........

Not yet. The Code includes all the rules governing the campus elections. We went from 3-day elections to 5-day elections...God, I think it was like 2000 or so. They want to go back to 3. Makes sense now that there's online voting. The main reason we changed it to 5 days was to ensure even one-day-a-week students would have a chance to vote without making a special trip. Now that they can vote from anywhere with internet access, even 3 days might be more than is necessary.

Edited by JesseMartin