Ull Big Favorite

untbowler

ULL opened as 21 pt favorites and now are 23 pt favorite.

Have we ever been a 3 TD dog to anyone in the Belt?

This is a ridiculous betting line. As a Cajun fan, I am more concerned about this game than I was about Monroe. This is a potential trap game for the Cajuns. Fenroy, Desormeaux, Cherry have all been receiving a lot of attention after the game last week and I am concerned about the Cajuns having a let down. (this has happened several times in the Bustle era) The Cajuns might also look past the Mean Green to the ASU game at home the following week. I believe the Cajuns can and will win, but I do not see a 21 or 23 point blowout. Given that you guys had 500 yards of offense against, FIU, I think the Mean Green will score some points.

All of this, plus playing at home are in your favor. Hopefully the Cajuns will be ready to play or they may be disappointed again!

I hope you guys get some wins this season, but not this week.

BTW, As a Lamar guy, thanks to UNT for helping the Lamar teams out during the hurricane evacualtion.

Edited by crawfish333

ULL opened as 21 pt favorites and now are 23 pt favorite.

Have we ever been a 3 TD dog to anyone in the Belt?

That line is nonsense! The game is played on the field and I expect UNT to come out prepared. I just hope the Cajuns don't believe this beating line.

Edited by CajunT

That line is nonsense! The game is played on the field and I expect UNT to come out prepared. I just hope the Cajuns don't believe this beating line.

I would love it if you were right but we are just awful this year. I just cannot see NT making this a game after the first quarter as bad as that sounds.

I would love it if you were right but we are just awful this year. I just cannot see NT making this a game after the first quarter as bad as that sounds.

Green Mean, I understand you guys are down right now. But the history of this series tells me that this will be a tough game. I don't see UNT going through the season winless, so this is a home game for you guys and the Cajuns are coming off a emotional win in Monroe. The Cajuns had better be ready to play.

Green Mean, I understand you guys are down right now. But the history of this series tells me that this will be a tough game. I don't see UNT going through the season winless, so this is a home game for you guys and the Cajuns are coming off a emotional win in Monroe. The Cajuns had better be ready to play.

Home field hasn't helped, I really wouldn't over think this one too much.

Edited by filmerj

I never thought I would ever see in my 22 years as a Mean Green diehard:

1. UNT in a bowl game

2. UNT win a bowl game

3. UNT go to four consecutive bowl games

4. A 25 or whatever consecutive conference game streak by UNT

5. toothpaste green become the Mean Green color of choice

6. own a toothpaste North Texas tee shirt

7. See rice score 77 on the lean green and beat us down by 57 points

8. FIU score 42 and blow us out at home by 32 points

9. the Ragin Cajuns come into Fouts as 23 point favorite (no offense)

But I also never seen a team look like a high school squad line up against a college looking team with athletes, muscle and speed. My Cajun friends you will have never seen anything like what you are about to witness on Saturday in Fouts. The name on the helmet and jersey still says North Texas, but that is where any semblence of the successful North Texas ends.

Good luck to the Cajuns this season, enjoy Denton and get us while you can. Mean Green will be back one day!

GMG

I never thought I would ever see in my 22 years as a Mean Green diehard:

1. UNT in a bowl game

2. UNT win a bowl game

3. UNT go to four consecutive bowl games

4. A 25 or whatever consecutive conference game streak by UNT

5. toothpaste green become the Mean Green color of choice

6. own a toothpaste North Texas tee shirt

7. See rice score 77 on the lean green and beat us down by 57 points

8. FIU score 42 and blow us out at home by 32 points

9. the Ragin Cajuns come into Fouts as 23 point favorite (no offense)

But I also never seen a team look like a high school squad line up against a college looking team with athletes, muscle and speed. My Cajun friends you will have never seen anything like what you are about to witness on Saturday in Fouts. The name on the helmet and jersey still says North Texas, but that is where any semblence of the successful North Texas ends.

Good luck to the Cajuns this season, enjoy Denton and get us while you can. Mean Green will be back one day!

GMG

Mean Green, I think you guys are selling your team way to short. I wouldn't compare scores against other opponets, in looking at this weekends matchup. We have lost some very good athletes on defense in the past few weeks, and have problems with depth right now. North Texas will score, so I don't think its going to be a 23 point game. That is my feeling concerning this weekends game.

It will be interesting to see. I have seen the Mean Green play Tulsa and Rice in person, LSU and FIU on the tube. This team's psyche is sooooooooooooooooooooo fragile that the second something goes wrong, like an easy touchdown or blocked punt, or fumble it's like this aura comes over them that shuts them down! That is what is so weird, because I have never seen a North Texas team fall apart even against crazy odds, and I have seen UNT as a solid D1AA. You mean to tell me that they are so ginger that they fall apart at the first sign of adversity! I have seen outmatched teams play hard through 4 quarters at A&M, in Austin, in Lubbock, in Colorado Springs, in Tempe, in Troy, in Death Valley, in Little Rock, in Boulder, in Norman, in Lafayette, in Monroe, in Waco, in New Orleans...This team looks like a high school squad going up against USC! I would love to think some things will change this week, but I don't have faith. You need strength, will, and fight to make that happen and this poor team lacks simple confidence. I sat here watching FAU and Troy thinking they are going to KILL US!

Again, boys become men and I hope these young men choose to grow from this experience. Lord knows the MG Nation is undergoing something most of us have never been through before. At the end of the day if we get the stadium passed I will consider this season a success. Because if you can do that in this climate at this time in the transformation of the program, I have great hope for the future of NT football. I will see a charged up student fanbase believing in hope and for a better program down the line. That will be a much different fanbase than when I was in school 20 years ago!

GMG

Mean Green, I think you guys are selling your team way to short. I wouldn't compare scores against other opponets, in looking at this weekends matchup. We have lost some very good athletes on defense in the past few weeks, and have problems with depth right now. North Texas will score, so I don't think its going to be a 23 point game. That is my feeling concerning this weekends game.

I'm going to have to insist that you start using some profanity immediately. And make some crude sexual comments about our mothers.

Because a rival fan coming to our board to try and cheer us up about our team is so depressing, I can't even handle it.

So please, start being a jackass. No more friendly banter and politeness.

I'm going to have to insist that you start using some profanity immediately. And make some crude sexual comments about our mothers.

Because a rival fan coming to our board to try and cheer us up about our team is so depressing, I can't even handle it.

So please, start being a jackass. No more friendly banter and politeness.

Yeah, that cheerful thing can be really annyoying!

It will be interesting to see. I have seen the Mean Green play Tulsa and Rice in person, LSU and FIU on the tube. This team's psyche is sooooooooooooooooooooo fragile that the second something goes wrong, like an easy touchdown or blocked punt, or fumble it's like this aura comes over them that shuts them down!

GMG

That in a nutshell describes last year's Cajun team! Especially after the debacle against McNeese. This year they seem to have grown up a lot and come together as a team.

Anyway, we're going to kick some simple green arse saturday! There, does that make some of you feel better? :rolleyes:

Shof