Bad Omen

Green Guy Bass

I love the play though. Sounded like the receiver got tripped up with the defender. They should try it again.

Having Riley out there gives you some options.

They only have two weeks to perfect this A-11 thing they've been practicing before the Rice game. Rice is going to be too preocupied preparing for UT to make any serious adjustments.

After watching the two reverses to Riley in the Tulsa game, I predicted that play would eventually come up. Obviously LSU predicted it too.....and had it covered. Coach Dodge should have saved it for a crucial time in a SBC game.

The way this team is playing a crucial time a]in a SBC game will only be vs FIU

Look, everyone. Pass or no pass, he's going to play. And, yes, he wasn't going to light up LSU. No one on our team did.

Everyone with a hint of college football knowledge can see that Riley is too little to play QB in places like the SEC, Big 12, etc. He's probably too little to do it in the Belt as well.

However, that doesn't mean his dad shouldn't let him wing it around on a trick play every now and then. It's not like defensive coordinators don't know the kid played QB in high school. But, even though every school we play for his entire career will be expecting him to throw now and again, we may as well do it. I mean, just to see if it will work more often than not.

I mean, what else are we gonna do while we're not using our talented stable of running backs? If we can't win, why not entertain and give the crowd what they want - more Riley Dodge.

Everyone with a hint of college football knowledge can see that Riley is too little to play QB in places like the SEC, Big 12, etc. He's probably too little to do it in the Belt as well.

Are Missouri, Kansas and Colorado still in the Big 12? Because three Big 12 starting quarterbacks: Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing and Cody Hawkins are listed as being under 6-0 tall the same as Riley. Anyone with atleast a hint of college football knowledge knows that you don't have to be tall to play quarterback in a spread offense. You receive the ball in the shotgun, everyone is spread out and most of the throws are to the outside. Why do people keep insisting Riley is too short to play quarterback at UNT? This isn't the NFL.

I thought of the WR pass play as soon as Riley can on the field vs Tulsa.

I like it! Gives the offense a new wrinkle for the opposition to worry about.

I say we will see the same play alot this year for not only long routes

but shot routes also. Maybe a short route and a pitch back to Riley

runing down the field. Who knows what will happen, but one thing is

for sure, having Riley on the field opens up many new offensive

plays and that makes Riley dangerious!

Are Missouri, Kansas and Colorado still in the Big 12? Because three Big 12 starting quarterbacks: Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing and Cody Hawkins are listed as being under 6-0 tall the same as Riley. Anyone with atleast a hint of college football knowledge knows that you don't have to be tall to play quarterback in a spread offense. You receive the ball in the shotgun, everyone is spread out and most of the throws are to the outside. Why do people keep insisting Riley is too short to play quarterback at UNT? This isn't the NFL.

It's not just considering height (5'10 1/2"), you need to consider body weight and the amount of "gym" weight able to lift. Both a little light. Consider this, Chase Daniel IS at least and inch taller and at least 40 lbs. (if not 50 lbs. heavier).

It's not just considering height (5'10 1/2"), you need to consider body weight and the amount of "gym" weight able to lift. Both a little light. Consider this, Chase Daniel IS at least and inch taller and at least 40 lbs. (if not 50 lbs. heavier).

Fun game if you have a moment - compare Chase's weight and head size now to a high school photo.

Guest GrayEagleOne

the redshirt is off and we need to deal with it. Riley is probably in the top four receivers on the team right now because he has more speed, experience in the system, and route-running ability. He is also an accomplished runner and passer. If he were to play quarterback full-time he would definitely need more weight but for a receiver that is not a problem. I hope that we run that play many times to keep pressure on the opposing defense because Riley may tuck the ball and run if they play the pass more than the run. Either way, he's a threat.

If that pass had been complete, this thread would contain nothing but raves.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Difficult to know what is going through someone elses head. We all (media included) put Riley in the role of QB, maybe he has lost some intrest in QB, maybe the coaches know that Vizza will be truely exceptional the next 2 years. Riley is a great athelete and maybe he can do more in other spots. Why have a great athelete that can do lots of things sitting around waiting for a great QB to retire. We all talk about coming to NT and playing instead of sitting on the bench in Austin. I can promise you Riley is already having more fun than Tre'.

Difficult to know what is going through someone elses head. We all (media included) put Riley in the role of QB, maybe he has lost some intrest in QB, maybe the coaches know that Vizza will be truely exceptional the next 2 years. Riley is a great athelete and maybe he can do more in other spots. Why have a great athelete that can do lots of things sitting around waiting for a great QB to retire. We all talk about coming to NT and playing instead of sitting on the bench in Austin. I can promise you Riley is already having more fun than Tre'.

I bet you are right about that. Anybody got any inside scoop on Tre'? Is he still working out the first string defense?? :lol: In the day, I can remember being fresh meat for Walter Chapman (God rest his sole). It's not easy bein' a hotdog at a Harley rally!