Arkansas State Anticipation Thread

CMJ

I feel good cause we're at home, however, I really fear "coming out flat" during the early stages of the game. This is a game that we should win, but this team has showed some inconsistency throughout the year. I think that the guys need to come at ASU full throttle and take control of the game early. You have to imagine that the crowd will be into this game, and if we can play our pace of game early, I will feel a lot better. Step on their throat early and don't let up until the final buzzer. Next stop: Mobile.

Edited by Green Lantern

This is a better team than one that has lost 11 of their last 13 games. Coming into the year ASU had one proven scorer in Adrian Banks...and due to injury and being a complete dumb-ass, Banks has been in and out of the Indians line-up which has helped lead to their inconsistant play. As much of a curse this has been though...I think its also been a blessing. Ryan Wedel and Yima Chia-Kur have really started to develop into solid players...I don't think either is suited in a primary role...but Banks is back and playing very well with Wedel and Chia-Kur full of confidence...thats a dangerous trio.

UNT has typically done a good job of containing Banks...until their last meeting...Banks went for 26, and was 6-8 from 3pt land. If Banks is going to go off...JJ needs to focus on making sure the supporting cast is held in check. Banks is good, but hes not Bo or Courtney and he can't beat a team by himself...but if Banks and Wedel go for 20+ UNT is in big trouble.

My other big concern is rebounding. We dominated the glass in our game in Jonesboro back in January (41-29 total, 17-9 offensive)...but finished tied (30) two weeks ago at the Pit...and lost on the offensive glass (14-9). Quincey and Keith need to win the inside battles...and giving up 7 offensive boards to ONE player (especially when he's 6'6") isn't going to cut it. We've led the conference in rebounding for the past 4 seasons...we need to re-establish our dominance on the boards this game.

Tough to beat a team 3 times in one year...assk the Dallas Cowboys about that! But, I think if we come out strong and jump on them fast we will get into their heads and it could be over by halftime...they could do one of those..."here we go again things" in their heads if we don't "let 'em up early"...I'll be there...bought my tickets (2) on line last evening! See you at the PIT Wednesday.

i was acually dissapointed how we played ASU a couple of weeks ago in what i was hoping was our last home game of the year....i think we need to play better then we did that night to beat them...i cant wait to make fun of wedel all game like we did last time!........GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

I hope another game against ArkState doesn't hurt attendance.... I do like that we play them b/c we are quite capable of whipping their arse, and is a good warm up for WKU.... I have no doubts, however, that it will be a knock down drag out battle due to the revenge factor that ArkState definitely has toward us....

I'm making every effort to get up there for the game, because I think the team could really use it.

This game has some ugly markings on it, including the culmination of an ugly two year run between these two teams. 6th meeting in 2 seasons? That's gotta be pretty rare.

I have a good feeling about this game. I saw the home game vs them and witnessed first hand how these two teams really get after it. in this sort of head game, I like our chances with the cool JJ at the helm.

I hope the crowd is decent.

I'm making every effort to get up there for the game, because I think the team could really use it.

This game has some ugly markings on it, including the culmination of an ugly two year run between these two teams. 6th meeting in 2 seasons? That's gotta be pretty rare.

I have a good feeling about this game. I saw the home game vs them and witnessed first hand how these two teams really get after it. in this sort of head game, I like our chances with the cool JJ at the helm.

I hope the crowd is decent.

I can't recall, but wasn't this the game where there was a scuffle under the basket early on in the game?

I can't recall, but wasn't this the game where there was a scuffle under the basket early on in the game?

There was a scuffle during the Arkansas State game.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was around the midpoint of the 2nd half. Ben Bell was called for a charge, and then the scuffle began.

QUOTE(KRAM1 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:19 AM)

Tough to beat a team 3 times in one year.

See: ASU vs. UNT in Lafayette last year.

So true; we got destroyed 84-60 at ASU, lost 74-71 at home, but were able to rebound 83-75 to win the tournament. I think we are all aware of what's possible, especially after watching the last game between these two teams.