North Texas Football Banquet

GreenBat

Come out and support the Mean Green Football team as we recognize them and their accomplishments from the 2007 season.

Coach Dodge will speak and reflect on the past season and look forward to the 2008 Football season.

When: Saturday, January 26, 2008

Time: Doors Open @ 5:00pm

Dinner Line Opens @ 5:30pm

(Meal provided by Outback Steakhouse)

Where: Super Pit

Prices: Individual Tickets: $50

Table Sponsors (Round of Eight): $350

Dress is business-casual

I don't know about anybody else, but I help the program as much as I can, but this id F'n ridiculous. Tickets were $25 or $35 last year. NT won three games last year. It was sold out because of the Dodge hire, but almost doubling the price for a worse team with no buzz about the team being any better. I do not undersand the justifcation for the increase. I love the football banquet but WILL NOT be attending this season. I know that my spot will be taken by someone else, but this upsets me.

Edited by GreenBat

Come out and support the Mean Green Football team as we recognize them and their accomplishments from the 2007 season.

Coach Dodge will speak and reflect on the past season and look forward to the 2008 Football season.

Dress is business-casual

I don't know about anybody else, but I help the program as much as I can, but this id F'n ridiculous. Tickets were $25 or $35 last year. NT won three games last year. It was sold out because of the Dodge hire, but almost doubling the price for a worse team with no buzz about the team being any better. I do not undersand the justifcation for the increase. I love the football banquet but WILL NOT be attending this season. I know that my spot will be taken by someone else, but this upsets me.

Comes down to think small-time remain small time, think big-time you will get bigger things.

Dress is business-casual

This generates revenue. Revenue is required for things like a football stadium; increased coaches salaries' increased recruiting budget, etc.

Oh, and I am pretty sure that this price increase won't run off potential stadium donors (before someone responds with that). If you are thinking of shelling out cash for a stadium, you probably have the extra $25 (for theincrease).

This generates revenue. Revenue is required for things like a football stadium; increased coaches salaries' increased recruiting budget, etc.

Oh, and I am pretty sure that this price increase won't run off potential stadium donors (before someone responds with that). If you are thinking of shelling out cash for a stadium, you probably have the extra $25 (for theincrease).

The date to notify the selected architectural firm for the new stadium is Jan 23rd. If they can keep it a secret, I'm sure they'll announce it at this banquet, along with detail and a timeline of how this is going to move forward.

Call it small-time, big-time, prime-time or optimus-prime...I'm there.

*This message was approved by the official NT Super Fan :rolleyes:

That's an awesome idea! Can Optimus Prime be our new mascot? Maybe Steven Spielberg can be our new DC if Mendoza leaves. The Talons can drive a yellow VW around instead of the Model-T.

50 bucks for any banquet is not much these days in Dallas. It won't be long before UNT is looking for a hundred bucks a seat and the event is black tie and held in a ballroom.

Just growing pains.

You are exactly right ! If they have to reduce the price to fill the banquet in the future, it would only indicate that our program would be on the slide downwards.

We, the UNT Athletic Fans have been spoiled for years about perks, prices, and freebees. Everything takes funding. Little things like tickets and parking passes. I remember before Rick V. got here how embarrased I was on how things looked. The football banquet, with steak dinner, needs to be a fund raiser, as all these type events.

I tell everyone that I know how lucky we are for what we get for the money compared to other Universities! (As far as prestigue, perks, and parking and such).

If I was an A&M or Horn Alum, I wouldn't get a look from the A.D. or their Staff, but here, I feel somewhat important.

If y'all keep wanting to improve things, Rick V. and his Staff needs to create revenue. Another reason I always go, is there will be lots of recruits I'm sure. It's good for them to see our passion for the football program.

See ya at the event.

Speaking of new stadiums, did anyone notice the editorial in the DRC earlier this week. It was about things to look forward to in the new year, the statemen went something like this "Someone at UNT will decide they need a new football stadium and unfortunatly someone will believe them ".

Nice, uh.

Speaking of new stadiums, did anyone notice the editorial in the DRC earlier this week. It was about things to look forward to in the new year, the statemen went something like this "Someone at UNT will decide they need a new football stadium and unfortunatly someone will believe them ".

Nice, uh.

Apparently the editorial writer hasn't attended a game in Fouts. <_<

Nice, uh.

typical response for a denton editor who has probably never attended a unt game.

50 bucks for any banquet is not much these days in Dallas. It won't be long before UNT is looking for a hundred bucks a seat and the event is black tie and held in a ballroom.

Just growing pains.

i see the banquet was also moved to the super pit from the previous gateway center. more or less space there?