Riley Is #1 In Intangibles

bigrobdsp

RILEY IS NOT COMING TO NORTH TEXAS IN JANUARY! Friends say it's "weird". Wonder what is going on with that? What has changed for him and his dad to make that decision? What's up with that??? That is whats being said.

We all talked and hung out with Mrs. Dodge last night and she made it plain that Riley is looking forward to coming here. Am I missing something?

Class of 2008 superlatives: Quarterbacks

By Tom Luginbill

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: November 1, 2007

Best intangibles

What Scouts Inc. looks for: An innate ability to succeed on toughness, leadership, savvy and creativity. Some guys have great tools along with intangibles, and others lack great measurables and physical gifts but find ways to win regardless. Intangibles are extremely difficult to define, but you know when you see them.

1. Riley Dodge (Southlake, Texas/Carroll)

If Dodge were two or three inches taller, he would be one of the most highly recruited prospects in this class. He is the ultimate competitor as both a signal caller and athlete. The son of a coach, North Texas' Todd Dodge, Riley is a coach on the field and makes plenty of plays despite his lack of ideal height. Reminiscent of Todd Reesing.

Paraphrasing exclusive info is not stealing, its not like members sign Non-disclosure agreements upon signing up.

No, but they do agree to a Terms of Service.

No material from the Service or any web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by ESPN may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted, nor may derivative works be created from them or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.

but what do I care and why am I acting the role of police? It's gmg.com and Cerebus's ars on the line, not mine.

Anyways, from what I've heard Insider isn't worth it? You click on the link as an Insider and you get like 1 or 2 more paragraphs. Maybe someone who's in can elaborate on their experience.

Class of 2008 superlatives: Quarterbacks

By Tom Luginbill

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: November 1, 2007

Best intangibles

What Scouts Inc. looks for: An innate ability to succeed on toughness, leadership, savvy and creativity. Some guys have great tools along with intangibles, and others lack great measurables and physical gifts but find ways to win regardless. Intangibles are extremely difficult to define, but you know when you see them.

1. Riley Dodge (Southlake, Texas/Carroll)

If Dodge were two or three inches taller, he would be one of the most highly recruited prospects in this class. He is the ultimate competitor as both a signal caller and athlete. The son of a coach, North Texas' Todd Dodge, Riley is a coach on the field and makes plenty of plays despite his lack of ideal height. Reminiscent of Todd Reesing.

He will have all the NT passing records when it's all said and done!

I agree.

And since I passed up law school, I don't know the specifics, but even in agreements like that, when it's made public, discussion (even direct quotes) are permissable, as long as you aren't basically giving away the entire article...and even that, eventually, even with such "Terms of Service", can be quoted. I think with things like this, which is basically online print media, it's a week or something like that. But again, you'd have to check with those who actually took the scholarships, not me, to be certain.

Yeah, it's going to be REAL interesting when Riley gets here, not because I believe there will be much of a controversy (Vizza has shown he can lead an offense), but because I do have to wonder what you then do with Riley. I still believe you redshirt him and have him backup until it's time for him to start his last two years. It's likely the best option. BUT, I've already seen that Dodge will try to get the best athletes on the field. So would you then try to find a place for Riley, given all the things he brings to the table?

Now, the one place I've seen Riley mentioned most often as an alternative has been at WR, but the relative depth we have at that position and our strong recruiting in that area makes it hard for me to see that. But what about as a flex RB/QB? I would even mention that perhaps he could be converted to a DB of some kind, but I'd be really hesitant to move him off of offense, myself.

Oh, hell yes.

Was talking to my wife about this thread...I don't at all mind if Dodge turns us into a UT or USC or whatever, getting our QB rocking before he starts, then putting him in as a junior and senior, and he wins the Heisman in one of two years starting. Yeah, I know at times they go with freshmen (like Colt McCoy this time around at Texas), but having enough good QBs that we are on a biennial two-year rotation would be a good thing.

But again, hell yes. Having a dual QB/RB situation would be awesome if we could work it out as well.

Oh, hell yes.

Was talking to my wife about this thread...I don't at all mind if Dodge turns us into a UT or USC or whatever, getting our QB rocking before he starts, then putting him in as a junior and senior, and he wins the Heisman in one of two years starting. Yeah, I know at times they go with freshmen (like Colt McCoy this time around at Texas), but having enough good QBs that we are on a biennial two-year rotation would be a good thing.

But again, hell yes. Having a dual QB/RB situation would be awesome if we could work it out as well.

Exactly, I still think the best option is probably the first scenario. But it is easy for a team like USC or UT, where their depth all around is superb. While we're still working on building to that level, do you just find a way to get him in (I still think he redshirts, regardless) to the lineup?

And before anyone goes into it, yes, I know it's way early and it's all speculative and WHO KNOWS what happens over the next 4 or 5 years, but it sure beats another "FIRE THE DC!" discussion, IMO.

Oh, hell yes.

Mccoy was not supposed to be the starter at texas, it was supposed to periloux from LSU (the planned heir to vince young's era) but at the last possible second periloux changed his commitment to LSU.

Mccoy was not supposed to be the starter at texas, it was supposed to periloux from LSU (the planned heir to vince young's era) but at the last possible second periloux changed his commitment to LSU.

So in other words they lucked into the best 4-year starter they've had since Peter Gardere.

Guess I come from the old school that says its always good to have 2 good QB's on the squad in case the starter goes down.

Really not a bad situation for UNT to be in quite frankly.

Congrats to Riley Dodge for the great senior year we knew he would have at SLC HS.

Wonder if Riley can persuade the SLC HS RB to change his commit, too? :whistling1: