Stoops Pouring It On :(

akriesman

I am a little surprised by Stoops right now. His team was up 42-0. It is obvious that they can score at will. And yet, they are still throwing the ball to rack up more points.

49-0. Uggghhh.

The biggest difference in this game has been the speed and strength of the OU receivers against our smaller and slower corners. This is one of the biggest mismatches I have ever seen :(

I am a little surprised by Stoops right now. His team was up 42-0. It is obvious that they can score at will. And yet, they are still throwing the ball to rack up more points.

49-0. Uggghhh.

The biggest difference in this game has been the speed and strength of the OU receivers against our smaller and slower corners. This is one of the biggest mismatches I have ever seen :(

Yup, the talent disparity is incredible. I can't believe Boise State was actually able to beat these guys.

Yup, the talent disparity is incredible. I can't believe Boise State was actually able to beat these guys.

Like everybody even I was surprised that BSU was able to beat OU last year but it has raken BSU time to get where they are right now and even then they still dont get a lot of respect like they probably deserve. BSU has a lot of athletic players to compete with any or most top D1 schools out there so to see them beating any given opponent does not surprise me.

I agree. You can't expect a team to just stop playing when its the first game of the season and that game is just in the 2nd quarter. Maybe they should put in their managers, trainers and waterboys. Maybe we could hang with them if they are not to fast.

Stoops is doing what we would be doing if we could. He is using us as practice. If we don't like it we need to do something about it!

I am sick of hearing poor poor us, they aren't being nice..... that is a bunch of BS, this isn't pee wee baseball there is no mercy rule!

If we don't like what is going on then we need to do something about it! play defense, don't run delays when the d line is spending all of there time in our backfield! Try a quarterback that can make a decision and throw to an open reciever or maybe even take a chance and try and do something rather than jus tstand there or run out out of pocket!

Quit bi***ing, more action!

GMG

I agree. You can't expect a team to just stop playing when its the first game of the season and that game is just in the 2nd quarter. Maybe they should put in their managers, trainers and waterboys. Maybe we could hang with them if they are not to fast.

Stoops could have switched to the ground game once the score got to 42-0. Instead, he chose to run the 2 minute drill on offense. That is what I have a problem with.

What a day of highs and lows. First, I sign my 7 yr old son up to play in his first year of pee wee football. Boy am I a proud dad. Second, I watch the first half massacre of my beloved Mean Green. What a let down. Now I am listening to the web cast of my other school, Trininty Valley Community college, and the are winning 23-0 with just over a minute to go in the first half. Hope nothing else happens to bring me back down again. Hopefully the Mean Green can at least score to avoid the shut out.

I did not get to see the game at all so I am going by what others are saying.

If Stoops left his starters in after the first half...that is running up the score. From the way the score was going, I would hope he would get the backups in a little early.

To start the second half, you put your 2nd, 3rd string, HS recruits in but you can't really tell them "not to score." Texas did the same thing last year. Their starters sat out the whole second half.

Now scoring on the last play of the game in a blow out (a-la Middle Tenn last year)...THAT is low class.

How bout Stoops blitzing in while up something like 77-10, and getting a much needed saftey! Do you really need to bring the heat while up 67?

See...I didn't know that. I would say that is a little low. I never really thought about the play calling. Calling a blitz when the team is backed up and down by over 10 touchdowns would be like trying to throw a deep pass with the same lead.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Hey, you had to love the maudlin looks of the OU dames after we scored a touchdown. I think they were genuinely concerned.

There's not enough booze anymore to be a North Texas fan.

How are we supposed to go around wearing the shirt? The maybe 10 people who can see through this to another day are not going to be enough to bring that day. You can make all kind of excuses. 'Oh it's Dickey's players blah blah blah.' This program had many months to prepare and should have been able to produce a less embarrassing result. How many of these are we supposed to endure? 65-0 56-7 79-10 on and on. GET WITH IT OR GET OUT OF IT! Oh sure there are the ones who would be happy to get out of it. Well they SUCK. But so does anyone who thinks this is what we should be getting. SUCK!

Hey, you had to love the maudlin looks of the OU dames after we scored a touchdown. I think they were genuinely concerned.

How are we supposed to go around wearing the shirt? The maybe 10 people who can see through this to another day are not going to be enough to bring that day. You can make all kind of excuses. 'Oh it's Dickey's players blah blah blah.' This program had many months to prepare and should have been able to produce a less embarrassing result. How many of these are we supposed to endure? 65-0 56-7 79-10 on and on. GET WITH IT OR GET OUT OF IT! Oh sure there are the ones who would be happy to get out of it. Well they SUCK. But so does anyone who thinks this is what we should be getting. SUCK!

i still see aggies wearing A$M shirts. they lost to OU just as bad, maybe even worse.

was it bad today? yep...real bad.

but if you're going to be a fan of a team, there will be days like this. UT lost by over 60 to UCLA at home. I could go on and on with examples.

Let's just move on to SMU.

Edited by meanrob

If you think it's so hard then stop.