Vizza Sees Stock Rising With U N T

MeanGreen61

Mama mia ! It seems that we've always got some type of perceived issue going on this board. ;) Should everyone should sit quieting on their hands during games so as not to come off as offending someone? Maybe there should be a 101 Lighten Up class for Mean Green fans? Geeze. <_<

Edited by MeanGreen61

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have the pasta toss, Zitti bake, Fettuccine fling, Pennette pitch, Fusilli flight, Lasagna launch, Tortelli throw, Ravioli wristers, Manicotti massacre, or Cannelloni fire.

At half time, we can all stand up and do the Calzone Clap for the Green Brigade.

Guest GrayEagleOne

The theme is from The Godfather. When I think of the Godfather it's probably in this order: 1) boss of family (leader of team), 2) making you an offer you can't refuse (you'll have to learn to accept what we're dishing out), 3) Italian/Sicilian (Vizza), 4) exacting revenge (beating teams that have beaten you recently). Okay, the boss of the family is actually a crime boss but since he got rid of a crooked cop and a drug-trafficer, I give him a little leeway.

My only bad connoitation about the theme is that we might be doing something illegal. On the good side...The Godfather is the third highest acfclaimed film of all time; the Sopranos has been the most successful cable series and my favorite singers are Dean Martin (Martino, Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, and maybe throw in Tony Bennett (Benedetto). I'm also having my Golden Anniversary at A Taste of Italy, not because my ancestry is Italian but because I love Italian food.

Now, if Don Giovanni is offended by the theme then it should be discontinued at his request but somehow I don't think he'll mind.

Now if we ever get a high-powered Lationo quarterback let me be the first to suggest strains from the Tijuana Brass.

Now if we ever get a high-powered Lationo quarterback let me be the first to suggest strains from the Tijuana Brass.

Memories, memories. A great group ! Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. Saw them perform years ago at, of all places, the SMU auditorium. :rolleyes:

Edited by MeanGreen61

Nope, I'd just like it if we didn't act like we just fell off a turnip truck. "Hey, looky there -- that's feller's Eye-talian! We never seen us a Eye-talian feller around these parts!"

The Chicago Blackhawks' organist used to play the theme of the Godfather whenever Mike Peluso's name was called. That's right, Chicago, home of Al Capone--they've seen them a few Eye-talian fellers around those parts.

The only thing is that Giovanni's last name is Vizza pronounced like Pizza!

Vito's article says he pronounces it like "vee-zah," though. If we are going strictly by Italian pronounciation, you're totally right, the double z is a "ts" sound. However, however Giovanni says his name should be what we go by, in my opinion.

Vito's article says he pronounces it like "vee-zah," though. If we are going strictly by Italian pronounciation, you're totally right, the double z is a "ts" sound. However, however Giovanni says his name should be what we go by, in my opinion.

From the article:

Vizza (pronounced Vee-za) and junior Daniel Meager split time with the first team in UNT's initial scrimmage of fall practice Saturday, and they have continued to share time with the first team in practice this week.

Sure, and we could also have them play flamenco music with castanets for Calderon, Gomez and Mendoza, the Nigerian national anthem for Durodoye, the Peanuts TV theme for Charlie Brown, and the Lucky Charms "magically delicious" jingle for Fitzgerald.

Time to move past the stage of gee-whiz, we've got a player with an Italian name. The world has turned.

I didn't read much if any concern for political correctness into this post...looks to me like he was making the point (which I happen to also agree with) that this horse is quickly being beat into Elmer's glue and the kid has even played a down of college ball yet.

Just my two scents...feel free to rip on me now. :)

Thanks! The Italian flag worked out better than the Sicilian flag, wouldn't you agree? :blink:

sicily.gif

--Looks like the Mafia "worked-on" that boy on the flag..!!!

Had a Italian roomie at NT... Francis Giacomo "******" aka Frank. His mother was a small Italian born lady and I don't think she could talk unless her hands were moving. ....LOL

So if Vizza gets the nod at OU and we should somehow pull it out

The game will forever be known as "The Italian Job"

That's just WRONG in so many good ways. :lol:

Hmmm...might Freud suggest a deeper meaning to the fact that you assume the body parts on the flag are those of a male...or even worse...a boy?? :P

--Not really... it may be an age thing.. first the figure seems to have a beard... not many women (that I know) have beards. and second..people as old as I am often refer to every male as a boy.....and no it is not because 90% of the world is younger than I am now .. we have always done that to some extent..... such as let's get the boys together for a game of cards... etc. Common phrase I and many of my friends use: "That boy has a problem".

Let's give those SMU boys a'beatin.!!

New T-shirt idea:

HEY SMU

GO GET YOUR SHINEBOX

Brilliant!!!!!!

When David Dellucci was a Texas Ranger I believe he had the stadium crew play the Godfather theme when he was announced to bat.

When I first heard it, I thought it was an odd choice for the Rangers, then I heard it was actually Dellucci's idea.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!