Drove Through Campus Saturday

Stan R

What is the building being constructed right behind the Student Recreation center? It is very large, looks like a dorm - anyone know? I saw the two new dorm shells (honors and the other one) are completely up and make the area look completely different now. Just need brick and interior buildout now.

Edited by Stan R

cause we already have a housing shortage as is, and dumping college inn would not be smart unless we're constructing more dorms, which I have yet to see (besides Honors and Legends).

Are you serious? Since I have been there they have constructed at least 5 new dorms. The college inn is a dump and should be demolished.

Are you serious? Since I have been there they have constructed at least 5 new dorms. The college inn is a dump and should be demolished.

Who cares?? It's college, we aren't suppose to live in a 5-star hotel. Housing is housing and we need all we can get. At least it's near the back of campus and not very visible.

its not going to replace college inn.... that wouldnt be smart. Its Legends Hall, a new upperclassmen dorm

College Inn is suppose to be an upperclassmen dorm as well ... coincidence?

In the grand scheme of things, College Inn's years are numbered; sinking foundation and all.

use the tcu stated model and build plenty of dorm space and try to build it all, including parking garages, as much in the CENTRAL CAMPUS as possible. We've got to build this place as a CAMPUS to get as much of the college experience as possible. This will help us build better college memories & college pride.

College Inn is suppose to be an upperclassmen dorm as well ... coincidence?

In the grand scheme of things, College Inn's years are numbered; sinking foundation and all.

College Inn will be gone soon enough but right now it is a cash cow b/c it is already paid off. I believe Maple is also very close to being paid off. Besides for more dorm space if D..Rick Perry has his way McConnell will be able to house students next year.

Oh yeah, my bad..I forgot they were putting another dorm behind the Rec Center. Why would replacing College Inn be a bad idea? That place is a DUMP!!!

I have many memories from college inn. As do many others, and I think it will be a sad day when that place is torn down. I always loved bringing friends and family to campus to show them all the dorms, and then bring them to "the college in."

use the tcu stated model and build plenty of dorm space and try to build it all, including parking garages, as much in the CENTRAL CAMPUS as possible. We've got to build this place as a CAMPUS to get as much of the college experience as possible. This will help us build better college memories & college pride.

agreed