Gmg.com Marketing Idea

Mean'n'Green07

I have no idea how much this would cost or if this has been brought up before...

Would it be possible before the kick off to have gmg.com on the megatron as a sponsor before kickoff, as fans and students are coming into the stadium? Could we start a donation drive so when the season starts we might be able to do this? Imagine the sound of something like "gomeangreen.com presents the 2007 starting line up...."

Like I said I have no idea of what this would cost, but I think it could really help spread the word about this forum to students/alumni who want to connect to the university. Personally, I don't know of a better source of information about what's going on at UNT (Although I'm not sure how accurate all of the info is :P ), and I know tons of others want to find more. For an avid fan, meangreensports.com just doesn't cut it.

Essentially we'd be killing two birds with one stone. Get more people connected to this forum and get them more involved with the university, while at the same time paying a sort of donation to the athletics department.

Edited by Mean'n'Green07

I have no idea what the advertising rates are for Fouts. But I'll tell you this: They are going to be a lot more expensive in a new stadium packed full of fans! I don't think there are NCAA limitations, but I wonder if the admin would frown on promoting a fan site.

The only web site Univ. of Texas promotes during games is TexasSports.com. It's the official University web site.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea how much this would cost or if this has been brought up before...

Would it be possible before the kick off to have gmg.com on the megatron as a sponsor before kickoff, as fans and students are coming into the stadium? Could we start a donation drive so when the season starts we might be able to do this? Imagine the sound of something like "gomeangreen.com presents the 2007 starting line up...."

Like I said I have no idea of what this would cost, but I think it could really help spread the word about this forum to students/alumni who want to connect to the university. Personally, I don't know of a better source of information about what's going on at UNT (Although I'm not sure how accurate all of the info is :P ), and I know tons of others want to find more. For an avid fan, meangreensports.com just doesn't cut it.

Essentially we'd be killing two birds with one stone. Get more people connected to this forum and get them more involved with the university, while at the same time paying a sort of donation to the athletics department.

Sounds like a great idea if the Athletic Department is willing to do the promo.

I've also wondered what it costs to Advertise in the NT Daily? We desperately need to hook more students on the crack that is gmg.com.

---There is thread at the top of "GMG-Football" by a writer of the NT Daily that is wanting to write an article and it appears about us on this board. That is FREE advertising. I suggest we "give" him information to write about and maybe an article will appear -----for FREE!!!

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Would it be possible before the kick off to have gmg.com on the megatron as a sponsor before kickoff, as fans and students are coming into the stadium?

The megatron idea would be great. I wonder what SMU would charge to do it there too.

I had to Google Megatron to find what you guys were proposing. Why would you want to advertise on one of those things?

I'm sure 8 year old kids love them, but aren't they too small to be noticed in a stadium?

:P

I had to Google Megatron to find what you guys were proposing. Why would you want to advertise on one of those things?

I'm sure 8 year old kids love them, but aren't they too small to be noticed in a stadium?

:P

Don't be dissin' the Transformers. :angry:

zZp75fWe-ss