New Coach = New Uniforms?

mdmeangreen

How about black jerseys and black pants with about 90% of both of those mostly being in kelly green? :rolleyes: (I know, I could have said all that in another less confusing way). :D

All that green with a solid green helmet with whatevers on that helmet might be considered too much green and might look a bit funky on TV since most football fields we play on are also solid green, right? On that green turf football field, our wearing white helmets (like we did in the Mean Joe Greene era) with "whatever" on them would really set off such unis' now wouldn't it; but I know, on this forum, it would for some and it wouldn't for others! :lol:

So as many of you are now saying: Let our new UNT HFC Todd Dodge have much say in the design of our new unis and helmets. After all, it is he who will be the one coaching those who wear them, right? :P:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert - but maybe your list shouldn't be composed of mostly bowl teams... I see your point though.

:o So I picked a few schools that traditionally suck, but just happened to have good seasons in 2006...I'm sure their successes are due to the fact that their school names aren't "directional".

Just for you Quoner, I'll revise that list to reflect the '06 season:

crappy = schools not making bowls and not having "directional" state names: Colorado, Kansas, Virginia, Connecticutt, Indiana, Illinois, Mississippi, Washington, Arizona and Idaho.

good = schools with "directional" names receiving '06 bowl invites: Northern Illinois, South Florida, East Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Central Michigan, Western Michigan and Southern Mississippi

Edited by gangrene

:o So I picked a few schools that traditionally suck, but just happened to have good seasons in 2006...I'm sure their successes are due to the fact that their school names aren't "directional".

Just for you Quoner, I'll revise that last to reflect the '06 season:

crappy = schools not making bowls and not having "directional" state names: Colorado, Kansas, Virginia, Connecticutt, Indiana, Illinois, Mississippi, Washington, Arizona and Idaho.

good = schools with "directional" names receiving '06 bowl invites: Northern Illinois, South Florida, East Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Central Michigan, Western Michigan and Southern Mississippi

Oh, yeah and U.S.C.

Just for you Quoner, I'll revise that last to reflect the '06 season:

Perfect, except you forgot Baylor

[atquote name='LongJim' post='249744' date='Dec 23 2006, 01:56 PM']Awesome. Make it so!

Guys, seriously, doing this you dont think it's a complete rip-off of Texas Tech? It's a good look, but their design. If we did this, everyone would call us the UNT Thieves, and in 2 years, we'd all be so pissed, we'd be back to changing the logo...AGAIN....

No, something more along the lines of these.

linkedntavatar.jpg

letterjacket_250x174.jpg

The last one is a photo of the letterman's jackets from about 10 feet away.

Rick

Guys, seriously, doing this you dont think it's a complete rip-off of Texas Tech? It's a good look, but their design. If we did this, everyone would call us the UNT Thieves, and in 2 years, we'd all be so pissed, we'd be back to changing the logo...AGAIN....

Personally, I love it. The NT has been interlocked since at least the '60's, so there's no 'thieving' involved. It's actually got tradition on it's side, quite frankly. I'd love to see that green logo on a white helmet. Says "College Football" to me. It's a clean and classic look, and would echo the letterman's jackets.

Not if we use a different font than Tech and like Jim said above me we have used some version of the interlocking NT since the 60s.

Didn't we get a "sneak peek" at the "new uniforms" during the FAU game this past season???

Seriously, I agree that it is not really up to us. Look at everyone's opinions and arguments, I am not confident the powers that be will ask for GoMeanGreen's assistance in this manner! :argue:

If we all work together on this one, we can make it the longest thread ever! C'mon people, let's make it happen!!

If we do a little research and hard work, why don't we look into which uniforms were the most successful. Does the color of our road jersey have an impact? The color of the facemask, did that make a difference in the win/loss column?

I say we go with the uniforms that will mean VICTORY!!!!!

Edited by forevereagle

SMITTY! ATTENTION! We need you to put the interlocked NT as shown below on the helmets you've been making because honestly, yours look the best. So PLEASE can you do it so we can compare the eagle logo and the NT on the helmet???