DaMN reporting Dickey won't be back

meanrob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The last podcast told us how this probably wouldn't happen for financial reasons.  Based on your track record, yall need to address how the stadium won't happen for financial reasons...and then we can step back and revel in the power of the podcast.

I wish it worked that way. But then all i'd talk about would be how i'd never be indpendently wealthy.

I'm shocked, but firing DD is only part of the process needing to happen.

I applaud RV for making the announcement now and not letting the situation linger. Regardless if it was his call or DD's, it was the right thing to do and at the right time to do it for the program. I'm sorry for DD the man this had to happen and wish him good health in the future.

I applaud RV for making the announcement now and not letting the situation linger.  Regardless if it was his call or DD's, it was the right thing to do and at the right time to do it for the program.  I'm sorry for DD the man this had to happen and wish him good health in the future.

The larger question now is: What happens to diet coke boy?

My father was a coach, so I know this is part of the profession, but I wish Coach Dickey the best and thank him for the conference championships and the trips to New Orleans. He has enough coaching connections that I am sure he will end up on someone's staff and do a great job.

Regarding the program, this had to happen to prove that the university is committed to moving this program forward. The Green Team, while a neat distraction, was an embarrassment.

Don't expect a sudden announcement as to who will be replacing DD. North Texas probably won't be able to talk to anyone until the seasons are wrapped up, unless a university gives NT permission. I don't see this happening as it would be disruptive to the other teams.

My hope is that RV is given the freedom to perform and extensive search for the best candidate.

What I'd like to see:

* Connection to the high school coaches in TX and OK to improve recruiting.

* An innovative offensive system.

* A contagious, upbeat personality that sells the program to the students, faculty and staff, alumni and Denton community.

* A proven winner.

* A coach that holds his players accountable.

What I'd really like to witness:

PMG performing his total revision to the KSU/BOR manifesto.

I've been swamped at the office today so I just now heard the news on the radio.

Thank you RV for listening to the masses and doing the right thing.

I wish DD the best and I'll always be grateful to him for the success we had in our four SBC championships and NO Bowl appearances.

Now, it's time to patch the holes in this ship and get it turned around in the right direction!!! I can't wait to see who's on the list of candidates and I hope we can get someone hired in time to recruit the high school playoffs.

I heard the news on the way home from work with TIgreen01... our mouths dropped!

We already went out and bought the celebration cigars and booze! I'm sad to see him go, but I know its time. He brought us conference championships and for that I thank him. I wish him the best -- but I heard the best quote ever before getting out of the truck ---

after talking about how bad Dickey's year has gone by way of his health, I heard the quote after the announcement of the firing ---

"...maybe thats why they are called the MEAN GREEN!"