I'm done!

emmitt01

This isn't one of those "I'm done with NT football...wait, I'm back" posts...I am seriously done unless Dickey is gone at year's end.  This is the worst coached, worst disciplined football team in the country bar fucking none!!!!

We can't get out of our own way long enough to sniff succeeding. 

We can't get plays in without taking timeouts!

If we DO manage to get into enemy territory we run plays that go freakin backwards! 

The only way we manage any yardage is by sacrificing the bodies of our best players...how damn sore do Jamario and JQuinn have to be in order for us to gain yardage due to boneheaded pass calls, amazing feats of skill or willpower by them, or RUNNING AGAINST STACKED FRONTS?

I don't care if we win every game the rest of the year (we won't) this house had better be cleaned by year's end!!!!  Otherwise count me out and you may as well forget about building a fanbase because NOBODY will jump on a bandwagon that broke down and in flames.

AGREED.

This is OUR SCHOOL FOLKS. mad.gif

Here's an idea. Why don't we all show up to the LaTech game with grocery bags over our heads like Deep's avatar. We could decorate them to express out displeasure with the coaching.

I'm not willing to just hand my school's athletic fate over to non-North Texas people who will just dismiss our absence by saying....."well, those guys are just a bunch of quitters anyway....who cares about them or their opinion" OR they might say "well, they're just a bunch of typical North Texas fair weather fans....who cares if they dont' show up".

DO LIKE ME. SHOW UP AND VOICE YOUR DISPLEASURE (CAN YOU SAY "WE'RE GETTING OUT-COACHED? rolleyes.gif).

DON'T BOO, BECAUSE THAT WILL BE CONSTRUED AS BOOING THE PLAYERS, AND THEN YOU'LL LOSE CREDIBILITY THAT WAY.

This is OUR SCHOOL FOLKSmad.gif

Here's an idea. Why don't we all show up to the LaTech game with grocery bags over our heads like Deep's avatar. We could decorate them to express out displeasure with the coaching.

I'm not willing to just hand my school's athletic fate over to non-North Texas people who will just dismiss our absence by saying....."well, those guys are just a bunch of quitters anyway....who cares about them or their opinion" OR they might say "well, they're just a bunch of typical North Texas fair weather fans....who cares if they dont' show up".

DO LIKE ME. SHOW UP AND VOICE YOUR DISPLEASURE (CAN YOU SAY "WE'RE GETTING OUT-COACHED? rolleyes.gif).

DON'T BOO, BECAUSE THAT WILL BE CONSTRUED AS BOOING THE PLAYERS, AND THEN YOU'LL LOSE CREDIBILITY THAT WAY.

Let's do it.

Thousands of Detroit fans wore Orange in protest of Matt Millen during a Bengals game. I'm down, let's start a movement.

ph34r.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

The last game of the season last year boasted a very generously counted attendance of just under 8,000.  DD came back.

I see an even worse drop off for the end of this season.  I'll be at every game that I can...but the paper bag thing is starting to seem like a good idea.

Lets all meet up an hour before the game ... Anyone got a hook up and can get 50 or so paper bags ??

Not showing up is not the right answer. There are still guys playing football for North Texas that chose to come to our school and they deserve our support. If you want to show your displeasure, have the courage to politely tell it to RV directly, call him, email him, talk to him. However you like to do it, he has always been available.

I understand your reasoning, but show up and support the school and the kids that chose to come to North Texas.

Not showing up is not the right answer.  There are still guys playing football for North Texas that chose to come to our school and they deserve our support.  If you want to show your displeasure, have the courage to politely tell it to RV directly, call him, email him, talk to him.  However you like to do it, he has always been available. 

I understand your reasoning, but show up and support  the school and the kids that chose to come to North Texas.

Absolutely. Not showing up is the best way to destroy the program. It has repercussions that will linger long after Dickey is gone. For one, why would a good coach be attracted to a university with little fan support. Attend, contribute and let your opinions on the direction of the program be heard by RV and those with some power to fix this thing.

One of the things that separates the growing programs from the others is their ability to maintain a good degree of fan support, win or lose. Only we can take this program to a higher level.

Not showing up is not the right answer.  There are still guys playing football for North Texas that chose to come to our school and they deserve our support.  If you want to show your displeasure, have the courage to politely tell it to RV directly, call him, email him, talk to him.  However you like to do it, he has always been available. 

I understand your reasoning, but show up and support  the school and the kids that chose to come to North Texas.

I LOVE UNT, and without this fine school, I wouldn't have met the three best friends in my life (outside my wife, of course!). I am supporting the school, the players, the other fans that show up, and those recruits that one day might be here. I believe DD and those responsible for the crappy play will be gone, and I am going to continue to attend the games.

P.S. Pass the paper bag, please.

I think wearing the bags is a slap in the face to all the players on the team and all the former players. IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF. The theory of running down a program even more because your pissed of how low the program is is stupid. I will be at the game with a paper sack. Except mine will be full of eggs and dog poo to fling at people who are trying to further sink MY UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

I think wearing the bags is a slap in the face to all the players on the team and all the former players.  IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.  The theory of running down a program even more because your pissed of how low the program is is stupid.  I will be at the game with a paper sack.  Except mine will be full of eggs and dog poo to fling at people who are trying to further sink MY UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

Then what do you suggest alumni do to express their displeasure to the BOR and RV? This is a serious question. We have to show up to the games because not showing up doesn't get the point across and only hurts the university's image.

We don't boo because that could be construed as booing the players, and we don't want that. (That sounds like a smart-a$$ comment, but it's not. Everyone on the board here appreciates and respects the players.)

We've tried emailing, we've tried reasoning. What else is left?

DO YOUR JOB. Support the players and the program. That is your only purpose. It is not our job (as much as it pains me to say this) to criticize play calling, hire/fire coaches. Our job is simply to go and support the program and hopefully have a good time doing it. If that is to much to ask, leave, and I guess I will see you when things cycle back around in 3 or 4 years (because the history of college football tells us things run in cycles, ask Florida St. or Miami) and we are at the top again.

DO YOUR JOB.  Support the players and the program.  That is your only purpose.  It is not our job (as much as it pains me to say this) to criticize play calling, hire/fire coaches.  Our job is simply to go and support the program and hopefully have a good time doing it.  If that is to much to ask, leave, and I guess I will see you when things cycle back around in 3 or 4 years (because the history of college football tells us things run in cycles, ask Florida St. or Miami) and we are at the top again.

For which part of the athletic program do you work for? ph34r.gif

DO YOUR JOB.  Support the players and the program.  That is your only purpose.  It is not our job (as much as it pains me to say this) to criticize play calling, hire/fire coaches.  Our job is simply to go and support the program and hopefully have a good time doing it.  If that is to much to ask, leave, and I guess I will see you when things cycle back around in 3 or 4 years (because the history of college football tells us things run in cycles, ask Florida St. or Miami) and we are at the top again.

Funny that you should bring up Miami. They have planes pulling banners around their stadium asking to fire Coker.

So how to do you propose we voice out displeasure? Or do we not have that right?

How about not wanting to let the program get run into the ground? Have a spine. dry.gif

Get your sorry asses to Fouts on Saturday. Wear the paper bag if you want.

Another coping mechanism is to try and divorce yourself from caring so damn much. I recommend alcohol to grease the skids.

Get out there and enjoy the opportunity to spend an afternoon with your family and friends and support your school. If the game sucks, go home at halftime or just lay down on the bleachers and take a nap. There will certainly be enough room.

Dickey should probably be fired. I give that about a 50% chance of happening, and I'll be back next year either way. However, if RF and Etheridge are back, I may jump off the top of Kerr Hall.

This isn't one of those "I'm done with NT football...wait, I'm back" posts...I am seriously done unless Dickey is gone at year's end.  This is the worst coached, worst disciplined football team in the country bar fucking none!!!!

We can't get out of our own way long enough to sniff succeeding. 

We can't get plays in without taking timeouts!

If we DO manage to get into enemy territory we run plays that go freakin backwards! 

The only way we manage any yardage is by sacrificing the bodies of our best players...how damn sore do Jamario and JQuinn have to be in order for us to gain yardage due to boneheaded pass calls, amazing feats of skill or willpower by them, or RUNNING AGAINST STACKED FRONTS?

I don't care if we win every game the rest of the year (we won't) this house had better be cleaned by year's end!!!!  Otherwise count me out and you may as well forget about building a fanbase because NOBODY will jump on a bandwagon that broke down and in flames.

Bye Felicia

Bye Felicia

Agreed. I'm not sure what GEO and Emmitt are trying to do here recently....not knowing either one personally, I can't believe they're DONE. They've been around too long and been too passionate to be serious about quitting on NT now. Maybe they seriously believe in the power of the internet?....if enough die-hards threaten to quit, maybe RV has to take notice?...

Nah. That's just dumb.

Agreed.  I'm not sure what GEO and Emmitt are trying to do here recently....not knowing either one personally, I can't believe they're DONE.  They've been around too long and been too passionate to be serious about quitting on NT now.  Maybe they seriously believe in the power of the internet?....if enough die-hards threaten to quit, maybe RV has to take notice?...

Nah.  That's just dumb.

-- Well said TI-001. You are developing a "West-Texas attitude---"Never Give up".. . That is what you get when you hang around those West Texas "kids". Tech lost to UT this week but it sure wasn't because they just game up...... they were out played and even the UT QB is a West Texas kid that came from 21 down. ..... I have noticed that TTU has been giving UT fits the past few years

So as fans and also investors in the program, we don't have a right to criticize the play calling or question the product on the field? Tell me, do you ever watch the Cowboys play and yell at Bledsoe for standing in the pocket when that guy was clearly coming right at him, or at TO for dropping a pass? Or do you mutter about Jim Leyland starting an unproven commodity rather than the postseason ace in Game 5?

Grumbling about the coaching is part of every sport, and as paying customers, we have a right to comment. Since this is college, we're also investors. If I own a large share of a company, you can be sure that I will exercise my right to give an opinion on how things are run. Many on this board are great investors in this program, both financially and personally with their time. They still support the program and the university, but they have every right to voice their displeasure. That's what makes living in a capitalist society in America so grand.

-- Well said TI-001.  You are developing a "West-Texas attitude---"Never Give up".. . That is what you get when you hang around those West Texas "kids".   Tech lost to UT this week but it sure wasn't because they just game up...... they were out played and even the UT QB is a West Texas kid that came from 21 down. .....  I have noticed that  TTU has been giving UT fits the past few years

Not to hijack - but f Tech.

Leach was crying the moment the game ended but honestly captain genius decided to go for the homerun six times instead of staying underneath. Then he calls a failed QB sneak in a bad situation and clearly did not come close to getting it.

This abortion of a tech season is his come-uppance for being an all-around jackass. And hasn't he accused his team of quitting and acting entitled this year?

Does a West Texas attitude also entail drinking large amounts of alcohol, cussing on mic, and flicking off camera crews on national TV (great moment by the way!) does it entail throwing bottles and trash at Chase Daniel's parents when they got their ass spanked at homecoming? just curious....

hijack over. the plane has landed safely. we can start another thread to discuss if you want. Or pour a nice glass of wine and hash it out this evening over PM.

Edited by Quoner

Not to hijack - but f Tech.

Leach was crying the moment the game ended but honestly captain genius decided to go for the homerun six times instead of staying underneath. Then he calls a failed QB sneak in a bad situation and clearly did not come close to getting it.

This abortion of a tech season is his come-uppance for being an all-around  jackass. And hasn't he accused his team of quitting and acting entitled this year?

Does a West Texas attitude also entail drinking large amounts of alcohol, cussing on mic, and flicking off camera crews on national TV (great moment by the way!) does it entail throwing bottles and trash at Chase Daniel's parents when they got their ass spanked at homecoming? just curious....

hijack over. the plane has landed safely. we can start another thread to discuss if you want. Or pour a nice glass of wine and hash it out this evening over PM.

I have to get in on this! You forgot to mention that everytime TBS showed crowd shots of the tech fans, they were ALWAYS yelling F-bombs. I noticed this sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter and said something to my friends who were watching with me. What is the NEXT crowd shot? A couple of tech fans giving the bird---greatness. Maybe you had to be there? wink.gif

Oh, and I hate Mike Leach. Would I take Sonny Dykes here at UNT? In a heartbeat.