Jared Mosely upset and rightfully so

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It seems the solution was the "alternate plan" that the P4s rejected.

It seems we've been wanting an AD who would stand up for us rather than bending over and grabbing his ankles for the powers that be.  He may not have the power to override the P4's decisions, but at least he's standing up and calling out their garbage.

Sure. And I'm not blaming him. It's not his fault. But don't post vague disappointments. Air the dirty laundry and be very specific in the wrongdoings. 

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 4

44 minutes ago, SUMG said:

Ross Dellenger is just like Herbstreit, Jay Bilas, Finebaum and the rest.....they ONLY CARE about the P5s (football) and high majors (hoops). 

Is that coming from them or their bosses?  Seems like the networks that pay their salaries want us to go away as well.

• Pissed 1

29 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Can the G5 schools get their sh*t together in time to break away and avoid paying into this?

That’s my hope but I wonder if they could get everyone on board.   Remember Jarad and all the G5 AD’s are hesitant to alienate the P5 schools as they all aspire to be at one someday.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

Can the G5 schools get their sh*t together in time to break away and avoid paying into this?

Be proactive and get out of the NCAA. The G4 are never going to be P5, why hang around? G4 conference with their on playoffs and championship. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Be proactive and get out of the NCAA. The G4 are never going to be P5, why hang around? G4 conference with their on playoffs and championship. 

Also stop scheduling them and giving them easy victories.  Let them beat up on each other.  That will ultimately turn off the lower level school and force their hand.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell Yes, Jared Freaking Mosley!!  Standing up.  Finally someone is speaking up and out. Sick and tired of watching the greedy P5,4,2 destroy college athletics.  This is what we've needed.  At least fight back.  Doesn't mean we win, but either start fighting this crap or just throw in the towel.  I hope we fight back.

• Upvote 4

I'm still of the opinion G5s can stop this BS.

It's been thrown around on other threads but I'm not sure some would want to handle the pain for that long and a United G5 coalition would also be hard to keep to gather cause of monetary influences.

But I'm for giving it a try..can't be any worse. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Easy answer:  No.   

Breaking away won't help avoid paying.  Non-FBS schools are having to pay the settlement too.   It goes back several years before now, players claiming they were denied the ability to earn NIL.    

Breaking away also won't improve our athletic department.   It would become the new 1-AA / FCS division....

no media = no fans = meaningless sports = diminished school marketing appeal = diminished diploma value.   

This has been the thought for 50 yrs. You can quit an association ( NCAA) at anytime, which would be my premise. NCAA doesn’t mean $h!t.

• Upvote 1

If the G5 left, it might take time to get the TV revenue.  I do think people will get tired of watching the same 30 teams on TV like it was in the 70’s and 80’s with only 2-3 channels showing games.  

the G5 would get a lot of demand quickly and people are used to being able to watch whatever game they want.  Which may actually give the G5 leverage on a TV contract. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1