Tough times for K-State

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Grass is always greener…. Cowards always run away because they believe they are “worth more”. Biggest lie in modern day America…. Know your worth. Nobody is worth more than anyone else and Loyalty is everything. 

Yes, that coward Perry ran away for a much larger NIL payment and to play in one of the best BB conferences in the country.   He certainly deserves condemnation for that kind of decision. 

I guess you are not a capitalist., but it should be obvious that some people are just better at somethings than others are.  

Blame the NIL system and I will agree with  you, but your take on capitalism and loyalty are at best problematic. 

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

18 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, that coward Perry ran away for a much larger NIL payment and to play in one of the best BB conferences in the country.   He certainly deserves condemnation for that kind of decision. 

I guess you are not a capitalist., but it should be obvious that some people are just better at somethings than others are.  

Blame the NIL system and I will agree with  you, but your take on capitalism and loyalty are at best problematic. 

I simply don’t believe college athletes should be paid as amateur athletes. If anything the only pay/incentive outside of a debt free degree and all the other benefits should be a payout based on success. X amount of wins, wins in a conference tournament, making the big dance, NIT, winning there. It’s all equal payout and given to all team members. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

Even winning those I'm not sure we get in...just saying we'd need to win at least that many to have a shot.

Obviously not counting the chance we could get in by winning the league tournament with fewer wins, which is obviously possible too.

We 100% get in. 

We beat st John's, Fordham, lsu, miss st (can afford to drop that one), split fau, sweep uab and smu, Boise, wouldn't have had that ugly nutsack blemish. That's plus 9. 27-5 with decent noncon victories and in a better conference. That's in. 100%. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Yet both of their teams were wearing their colors and we were wearing our garbage bags! 👀

So true, we survived at the end of the game in spite of those. They almost did their damage creating the LSU Miracle Comeback as we were outscored by a dozen in crunch time.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

You mean players want to run away for more money and to hide behind a team name instead of compete and truly make something of themselves. Your comment is truly off and wild. I guess it’s just the Lebron and NBA affect. Always run away and look out for your own wallet and hide behind others. 

You must live a sheltered life.Who are you hiding behind? If you step up the latter in competition you are trying to make your life better. In the real world if you don't take care of yourself no one else is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, wardly said:

You must live a sheltered life.Who are you hiding behind? If you step up the latter in competition you are trying to make your life better. In the real world if you don't take care of yourself no one else is.

I meant who is Perry hiding behind.

• Downvote 1

I think you can be upset that they left and also understand why they did. They (Tylor more than Abou) had an opportunity to make some money for their family and potentially get more exposure for the next level. I think a lot of player movement is short sighted but I understand. 

also, I hope Rubin/Aaron are talking all the sh*t to them today lol

On 3/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, ADLER said:

Because our Tylor Perry transferred there for "greener NIL pastures" and they're now with us in the NIT. Abou Ousmane, who transferred to Xavier is also playing in the NIT.

And both K State and Xavier lost in first round.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

Wish they would have stayed!

I too wish they would have stayed. I am in no way criticizing these players as I appreciate the incredible contributions to our program by both of them. All I am pointing out is that in this instance specifically they would have both experienced equal, or even better on court success by staying with North Texas. 

And let's see if they were truly appreciated and get into the Hall of Fame at the schools to which they transferred.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Abou must have had a bad attitude or been disruptive in some way to get kicked off the team with his size, athleticism and skill set. Keeping him around might have tilted the chemistry in a way that could have lost us the NIT last year or tanked this season for us. You have to throw out the bad apples. So losing him may have been a blessing. 

2. Tylor Perry was good. Jason Edwards provided everything that Tylor did. Sub Tylor for Edwards and our record is basically the same this season. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

53 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

1. Abou must have had a bad attitude or been disruptive in some way to get kicked off the team with his size, athleticism and skill set. Keeping him around might have tilted the chemistry in a way that could have lost us the NIT last year or tanked this season for us. You have to throw out the bad apples. So losing him may have been a blessing. 

2. Tylor Perry was good. Jason Edwards provided everything that Tylor did. Sub Tylor for Edwards and our record is basically the same this season. 

1.  Takes balls by McCasland to do that at that time of the year. I appreciate that dedication to doing the right thing. It couldn’t have been a good situation considering Pop Isaacs played for Tech this year. 
2. Scoring? Yes. Clutch? No. 

34 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  Takes balls by McCasland to do that at that time of the year. I appreciate that dedication to doing the right thing. It couldn’t have been a good situation considering Pop Isaacs played for Tech this year. 
2. Scoring? Yes. Clutch? No. 

Don’t know how clutch K-State fans would say Tylor is. I know he had some moments, but do they feel like they got their moneys worth?

• Lovely Take 1