T-Shirt Cannon

I was shocked a few games back when it worked and shot a t-shirt directly to me up high. I was expecting just smoke and walhaa a t- shirt flew out. 

Now can we get new branded sweepers that work for next season?  Also, whoever leads those kids sweeping up the sweat, put a little hustle into them. I feel like the refs and teams are standing there waiting for them to get off the floor. I want some bounce in those young steps. Hustle hustle bring the energy! 

GMG

I’ve always thought this would be a funny exchange…

”And so, Beaver, what does your father do for a living ?”

”Well Miss Landers, my dad makes T-shirt cannons.  He has worked at the Taco Casa T-shirt cannon factory for 29 years.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

The technology to build a working one doesn't exist

Apparently we lost that technology after a very successful national program to build, test and deploy t-shirt cannons back in the 60s and 70s.

17 hours ago, Big Z said:

How in the heck do you roll out a t-shirt cannon and it doesn’t even work ? Pathetic 

It was originally a Taco Casa Super Burrito cannon and repurposing it for t-shirts did not work so well because they weigh  less, are less dense, and they also don't give you gas.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Nothing like calling a sponsor and the student crews' efforts pathetic.

Not really calling the sponsor pathetic, but if you get a F on an exam, would you characterize your effort as pathetic? I would.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

Not really calling the sponsor pathetic, but if you get a F on an exam, would you characterize your effort as pathetic? I would.

I have no idea what getting a F as a grade as to do with topic.    There is a big difference in effort and success.  There are plenty of examples of people striving for an objective that is never met.  That effort could be heroic, not close to pathetic.  

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Nothing like calling a sponsor and the student crews' efforts pathetic.

I don’t think he called either pathetic. Now, if they didn’t properly test it to learn how to use it and to work out any issues with the equipment, then the failure is on them. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I have no idea what getting a F as a grade as to do with topic.    There is a big difference in effort and success.  There are plenty of examples of people striving for an objective that is never met.  That effort could be heroic, not close to pathetic.  

You are right. Effort is the wrong word. Execution fits better. And if something doesn't work, why use it in production? Failure happens "on stage", but the amount of times this doesn't work tells me this is lack of effort to fix the problem than just a one time thing.

Funny this is a discussion too. We need the tournament to start. For the record, I love it.

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don’t think he called either pathetic. Now, if they didn’t properly test it to learn how to use it and to work out any issues with the equipment, then the failure is one then. 

If the cannon does not work; it is my guess that it has to be either the equipment or the operators.   Pathetic in my view, is just too strong a word to use for something so trivial.  

Serious question though: when you see that thing roll out don’t some of you wonder if it is going to work this time? That means there is a pattern or trend. Or like I mentioned earlier I was shocked when it worked and flew a t shirt to me up high. It’s kind of comical please don’t fix it. The betting odds followed by the unknown makes it entertaining. And thank you students and Taco Casa for enhancing our game days. It was a fun home season. 

Beat Rice 

GMG

4 hours ago, NM Green said:

Serious question though: when you see that thing roll out don’t some of you wonder if it is going to work this time? That means there is a pattern or trend. Or like I mentioned earlier I was shocked when it worked and flew a t shirt to me up high. It’s kind of comical please don’t fix it. The betting odds followed by the unknown makes it entertaining. And thank you students and Taco Casa for enhancing our game days. It was a fun home season. 

Beat Rice 

GMG

At the first football game a couple of years ago it worked.  It was set at a low angle and it was highly pressurized ( or something).  The shirts fired out like rockets!   It legit could have hurt someone (like a bruise, not decapitated).  After every shot, you could hear the whoosh of the shot and the gasps from the crowd. The rest of the season, I would brace myself, but it never happened again. I still laugh about it every so often. 😂

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2024 at 1:49 PM, greenjoe said:

I’ve always thought this would be a funny exchange…

”And so, Beaver, what does your father do for a living ?”

”Well Miss Landers, my dad makes T-shirt cannons.  He has worked at the Taco Casa T-shirt cannon factory for 29 years.”

Judy: "You're dad keeps firing blanks.  How were you ever born?!?" 
 Beaver:  😛
 Judy:  😛