Tulsa (2/7/24)

12 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Can't remember the exact stat they put up early in the game but he averages around 20 ppg as a redshirt freshman. Tulsa boosters are going to have to open up their wallets to keep him.

Houston area kid...maybe Rubin is in his ear...lefty-to-lefty

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

- I love Rondel Walker's stat lines...like every game. does anyone know a site that gives +/- for the college game?

Sports-reference.com has a BPM column, which is Box Plus/Minus, but they don't update their stats too quickly. 
Here's the link for their box score on the USF game.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2024-02-03-18-north-texas.html#box-score-advanced-north-texas

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Missed most of this game. I see about 20 fans in green behind our bench. If we get a road game to Tulsa on a weekend next year, that needs to be another game our fans take over. That place is dead. Are there any students there??

? There was a section behind one of the backboards labeled "Caniac Student Section", but it was empty. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Edwards to locker room 

Just to update, it seems like he is OK.

On another note, I thought AScott bounced back well. Scored and did AScott things again. 

This is not to take anything away from the guys at all, but I will say that Tulsa is not a good team. I think we beat them by what I would expect. They missed a lot of good shots because of our defense, but also because they are just not that good.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, BigWillie said:

This is not to take anything away from the guys at all, but I will say that Tulsa is not a good team. I think we beat them by what I would expect. They missed a lot of good shots because of our defense, but also because they are just not that good.

maybe not...but given the slide we were on, it's still a much needed win. Memphis had lost 3 straight...and then went on to lose to Rice (and barely beat WSU). a bounce-back win at least tells us the bottom isn't completely falling out. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He’s got to pull the trigger to hit 39%

Maybe Hodge drilled into him that with 2 key injuries, he can't be a passenger anymore. Stone is our 3rd most efficient 3 point shooter on paper this year. He needs to be getting at least a few attempts per game and we as fans need to hope he maintains that percentage. We're not going to make a deep run in the conference tourney with any passengers. Another 3 point shooting threat will change the dynamics of this offense.

Screenshot_20240208_072225_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Big Z said:

Cobe Williams the transfer from La Tech? I didn't know he was on the Tulsa basketball team. 

Yes, 

I'm not really sure why he transferred to Tulsa, based on his play at La Tech, i thought he could have gone somewhere better

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Just to update, it seems like he is OK.

On another note, I thought AScott bounced back well. Scored and did AScott things again. 

They took the last few teams they've played to the wire before losing late.  They are a good basketball team in a really tough basketball conference.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, golfingomez said:

Yes, 

I'm not really sure why he transferred to Tulsa, based on his play at La Tech, i thought he could have gone somewhere better

Because his HC left and went to Tulsa.

• Upvote 3