FAU (1/28/24)

Big Z

Reuben, Rueben, Ruben, Rubin, Rubbin….

All spellings of the name that will come up if start with R and then type the name… so I’m sure it’s all of that. Most people have things they are doing so where the r is on the keypad below from there is just placed in typically. I have never understood why anybody would get upset over spelling etc.. nobody is writing a dissertation or an article for a sports cite….  People miss pronounce or spell my name and others all the time. Nobody takes issue. Nobody cares. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

All spellings of the name that will come up if start with R and then type the name… so I’m sure it’s all of that. Most people have things they are doing so where the r is on the keypad below from there is just placed in typically. I have never understood why anybody would get upset over spelling etc.. nobody is writing a dissertation or an article for a sports cite….  People miss pronounce or spell my name and others all the time. Nobody takes issue. Nobody cares. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You do have a point.  Spelling rarely overshadows the quality of one's content.  Having said that, it does, in some cases, affect credibility--makes it seem like there wasn't a lot of thought/fact checking involved (whether that's the case or not) before spewing forth a post.  Also (and I'll acknowledge here that this is probably an exaggerated concern), I sometimes wonder if our players question how serious our fanbase really is when they peruse this site and see that even the most dedicated fans aren't sure of our star players' names.  

Not trying to call anyone out...typos happen to all of us on occasion.  Just some random thoughts here...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It ALWAYS ticks me off when people get my name wrong.  My wife's family often leaves out the U in my name and it never ceases to annoy me.  I can only imagine what our players think.  At least once a day I fix misspellings that I make on words here or elsewhere because it just looks bad.  It's even worse on names.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

You do have a point.  Spelling rarely overshadows the quality of one's content.  Having said that, it does, in some cases, affect credibility--makes it seem like there wasn't a lot of thought/fact checking involved (whether that's the case or not) before spewing forth a post.  Also (and I'll acknowledge here that this is probably an exaggerated concern), I sometimes wonder if our players question how serious our fanbase really is when they peruse this site and see that even the most dedicated fans aren't sure of our star players' names.  

Not trying to call anyone out...typos happen to all of us on occasion.  Just some random thoughts here...

True it’s just with the modern phone and bustle and bustle of life most people type on the go or don’t even have a chance to look at what was typed (sometimes even when typing if they have the keyboard somewhat memorized). People I do trivia and puzzles with know spelling is my weakness lol. Even on a Monday I use the spell check on my NYT crossword puzzle. Others it might not get done with a miss typed key…🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

True it’s just with the modern phone and bustle and bustle of life most people type on the go or don’t even have a chance to look at what was typed (sometimes even when typing if they have the keyboard somewhat memorized). People I do trivia and puzzles with know spelling is my weakness lol. Even on a Monday I use the spell check on my NYT crossword puzzle. Others it might not get done with a miss typed key…🤣

Spelling is not a component of intellect. Spelling is a component of the perception of intellect. However, I'd rather know how to than not know how. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Spelling is not a component of intellect. Spelling is a component of the perception of intellect. However, I'd rather know how to than not know how. 

Isn’t that what A.I. is for now 😬

In all seriousness I have never thought about spelling…. Anybodies spelling or grammer outside of when it’s an assignment for a class. Most conversations (at least use to) verbal and in person anyway. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Have we really gotten that lazy in society that we can't take an extra 20 seconds and read back what we wrote to make sure it looks right? Maybe I am getting old, or maybe it's an OCD thing, just seems like it doesn't require THAT much more time. 

I don't really care for the most part, but just me yelling at the clouds.

Lol eh. People say I’m just getting old… it’s just usually lots going on. A couple ago I can scan a post and post but I’m playing magic the gathering with my son while watching the office while the other want wants us to read to him while the wife is asking us questions out of a trivia book we got for Christmas. I just type what I type when I can. 😎

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

Given the theme of this post, if some of the sentences weren’t laid out with satire in mind, this is the highest form of comedy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When should we expect the starting lineup to be announced? Any word on Rubin Jones? One of the photos the basketball Twitter posted shows Christian Moore lacing up his shoes. Don't know if that's because Jones is out and Moore is expected to get minutes or if it's *just* a photo posted online.

16 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

When should we expect the starting lineup to be announced? Any word on Rubin Jones? One of the photos the basketball Twitter posted shows Christian Moore lacing up his shoes. Don't know if that's because Jones is out and Moore is expected to get minutes or if it's *just* a photo posted online.

Probably just a photo sadly. Even on the game day promos shown below they'll rotate the bench20240128_110323.jpg.68d5db6fd068de6060d0df6e46520ec5.jpgwarmers in there.