Tulane Hires Troy's Jon Sumrall as HC

UNTLifer

30 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So, is Tulane going to take over the role from SMU of the school that is not North Texas that we have people continually posting about on the North Texas football board?

Of note:

The SMU trolls appear to linger.  It seems as though they don't want to forget about us.
Green Wave trolls haven't found us. (yet)

carry on.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I mean, I found an article that talks about them making some exceptions for athletes. Not sure how many or exactly what they do.

Also, there are some AAU schools that don’t exactly have the world’s highest admissions standards.

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

Go down the list no further than number 4 to find Arizona and their 87% acceptance rate. Of course this is no indication of the quality of their academics but to say AAU status dictates admission standards seems incorrect. Nebraska-Lincoln was the last school to lose AAU status back in 2011 so it doesn't seem like membership is often revoked either.

4 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

I like the hubris because at least theoretically it is now possible.  With a 12 team playoff being undefeated will guarantee your team a shot.  And they’ve been undefeated late into the season before.

If two or more G5s end up undefeated, only one at the most will go.

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If two or more G5s end up undefeated, only one at the most will go.

Maybe, but I doubt the team left out would have any wins of merit on their resume.  I could see an undefeated MAC or CUSA if there were multiple undefeated G5 champions.  And I believe Tulane will always in one of the best conference below P3/P4 at worst.