LSU (11/17/2023) - Charleston Classic

GMG_Dallas

It's a long season and I expect Hodge to get things figured out, but right now, I think this team just relies on the outside shot too much. When it isn't falling, they lose. I mean, they took 32 3s today. 

I think most of that is due to not having a presence in the interior. Not sure why we don't see more drive and kick.

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, L Ron Studdard said:

Panic if you want--this board goes through this every year.

I know this team can still be good once conference play comes around. But these are the games you have to have if you want an at large. UNT will never get one if it doesn't start to also take advantage of its opportunities in the early parts of the season. It eliminates margin for error, and winning the AAC will be tougher than winning C-USA was, as there are more good teams.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4

I'm proud of the guys. They played hard, led much of the game, and maintained their composure against a very talented LSU team today.

Of course I always want to win, but we've sure come a long way if we're now throwing tantrums about losing to St Johns and LSU in the final minutes.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I'm proud of the guys. They played hard, led much of the game, and maintained their composure against a very talented LSU team today.

Of course I always want to win, but we've sure come a long way if we're now throwing tantrums about losing to St Johns and LSU in the final minutes.

I dunno. We have a hole in the roster at forward like we haven’t had in a while.  Neither Allen or Sissoko have impressed to this point.  Though Allen appears to be a gamer, he’s not got the ideal size to play down low without having to foul.  I think this team’s ceiling is going to be limited if we continue to get nothing from Sissoko.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1