LSU (11/17/2023) - Charleston Classic

GMG_Dallas

This is a game I view as a must win if we want at-large consideration. A 1 point loss to St John's won't hurt come selection sunday if we're in the mix but we need to show we're better than the bottom tier high major schools and this is a chance to do that. I'd especially hate for us and Dayton to both be on the bubble and us have a loss against a common opponent that they beat.

• Upvote 7

I don't know how I feel about the game. Obviously, I think we have to win it to make sure we can beat teams that aren't as good, but I also feel like the committee understands where LSU is right now. 

When the seasons over, I think LSU will probably be Quad 3. They are like the Arkansas team a couple of years ago that everyone was beating up on.

6 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

I don't know how I feel about the game. Obviously, I think we have to win it to make sure we can beat teams that aren't as good, but I also feel like the committee understands where LSU is right now. 

When the seasons over, I think LSU will probably be Quad 3. They are like the Arkansas team a couple of years ago that everyone was beating up on.

Regardless of the kind of season they are predicted to have, they still have way more resources to use compared to us…bigger NIL, better recruiting, facilities, respect. It will most certainly draw the attention of recruits if we win against these programs even if they’re having “down years”

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, CMJ said:

I was just about to make this thread.

LSU really struggled last season.  Not sure if that means a damn thing this year, but on paper I think we should be favored.

And yet here we are, a 2.5 underdog. Vegas makes no sense, sometimes. 

Win by 10+ and we've got a good resume builder. Win by less, and it won't mean much. Lose and we're in trouble for an at-large.

• Upvote 2