Checking in for the SMU game

MeanGreen_MBA

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I strongly advise you to park at the DART station, safely in Dallas, and walk over. Driving something like that through the park cities is guaranteed to be an issue with the police, with or without the paint scheme.

well, you scared the shit out of me.  taking the wife's car and schmoozing around the Boulevard incognito now. 

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ll be there but alone shooting on the sidelines.

Each and every year it’s progressively harder to get people to go to the SMU games, and with it being 8:00 on a Friday night not in Denton, nobody wanted to go lol and others out of town.

We have over 42,000 students currently, is it too much to ask, for 2,000 of them to go to the game?

8 minutes ago, jredallas said:

I will be there, but I feel like this is going to be the sparsest UNT crowd at an SMU game in Dallas since this most recent home and home series started with them.

You're probably correct. 

A late kick and low 50-degree temps on a damp Friday night will not help.  Let's be honest, SMU's parking situation sucks too.  Mostly parking across US75 with long walks or waiting for a shuttle bus from their free lots on SMU Blvd or the DART Lot on Mockingbird.  SMU asked for people to prepay for parking for their garages and lots, but don't link anywhere on their ticket site to where you can buy the prepaid parking. 

5 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

You're probably correct. 

A late kick and low 50-degree temps on a damp Friday night will not help.  Let's be honest, SMU's parking situation sucks too.  Mostly parking across US75 with long walks or waiting for a shuttle bus from their free lots on SMU Blvd or the DART Lot on Mockingbird.  SMU asked for people to prepay for parking for their garages and lots, but don't link anywhere on their ticket site to where you can buy the prepaid parking. 

I have always parked on the street in the neighborhood south of Mockingbird without issue going back to years of hanging out with SMU friends on Blvd before games.  I hope that is still a good option tonight.