Calling This Before I Can Say "I Told You So"

rojomojo

13 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I thought we be better than this but how do replace a Tyler Perry.  I think he was a bigger loss than Grant

100% agree with this. As much as I love Grant, I think the real defense was Hodge. Grant is a great coach, but Tylor definitely made him look amazing.

Edited by BigWillie

11 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I am studying abroad in The Netherlands next semester so I'll likely be less active on this site. Your wish may be granted

There is a lot of asphalt for the bikes in The Netherlands. That's the preferred method of transportation. Amsterdam is an interesting city. I personally enjoyed the Albert Cup market and De Pijp neighborhood. 

Edited by jtm0097

• 1 month later...

Welp, rough stretch of games so far and it looks like my predictions may hold up. I am studying in The Netherlands currently so I haven't been watching the games, but damn it's sad to see the road UNT Athletics is heading down. Failure and incompetence on every level.

watching the UNT athletic department feels like watching WW1 generals leading troops into delusional, suicidal attacks with minimal gain

• Downvote 8

11 hours ago, rojomojo said:

Welp, rough stretch of games so far and it looks like my predictions may hold up. I am studying in The Netherlands currently so I haven't been watching the games, but damn it's sad to see the road UNT Athletics is heading down. Failure and incompetence on every level.

watching the UNT athletic department feels like watching WW1 generals leading troops into delusional, suicidal attacks with minimal gain

We've been dealing with some rather significant injuries as of late.  There are no guarantees of course, but with a full roster we don't lose four of five.

nostradamus-occult.jpg

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, CMJ said:

We've been dealing with some rather significant injuries as of late.  There are no guarantees of course, but with a full roster we don't lose four of five.

nostradamus-occult.jpg

This is really it. I would have put more credence in your projection if you said "due to injuries" we will be X, but the prediction came from a place of negativity around players and coaching staff, which is certainly not true. 

It isn't always black and white. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/5/2023 at 1:30 PM, rojomojo said:

I do not understand the confidence many of our fans have going into basketball season.

- We've been decimated by graduates and transfer portal action

- Haven't replaced any losses with players that are at least on par with the players we had last season

Say hello to On Par! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

We lost to FAU on a buzzer beater, lost to UAB in overtime, and lost to USF by 5.  All of this while having key players out with injuries.  Had we been playing the weaker teams in conference during this stretch, we probably could have survived it.  Just happened to have to play the best teams in conference when the injury bug bites.  

I don’t think you’re as accurate in your prediction as you give yourself credit for.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4

When you have a rotation of 8 guys, losing 2 of them is killer.  We desperately need more depth next season.  This has been an issue that we've managed to get lucky and dodge the last several years.  Maybe this is a limitation of our NIL funding/allocation?  Pulling in guys capable of contributing surely commands more funds.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

When you have a rotation of 8 guys, losing 2 of them is killer.  We desperately need more depth next season.  This has been an issue that we've managed to get lucky and dodge the last several years.  Maybe this is a limitation of our NIL funding/allocation?  Pulling in guys capable of contributing surely commands more funds.  

It’s crazy to limit this team to only 6 or 8 useable players.  We can carry up to 15 on the roster.  If the bench guys are not worthy then replace them with new recruits. 

• Upvote 3