What if Seth really was a good coach?

cousin oliver

1 hour ago, Victorygreen04 said:

We need to be patient. 

And how long is that?

Id guess three seasons... But by the third season from now we're back to #hit6 and are all thrilled when we make it to the New Mexico bowl at 3pm on a Wednesday in mid Dec... Then we bonus Morris with a few hundred grand and extend his contract 3 more years. And so begins another 7+ years of a mediocrity loop.

Man I'm spiraling 😵‍💫

Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Seth sucked 

The portal hammered us

Eric was a late hire, he needs time to recruit. 

Not many could do better without a ton of money. 

Then this is on our former AD who waited till the end of the season to fire when recruiting starts much earlier these days. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Then this is on our former AD who waited till the end of the season to fire when recruiting starts much earlier these days. 

Oh, 100%. That former guy was a smiling simp just trying to get his, clearly. That was never not in doubt. I have never understood why our most plugged in, connected, and dedicated alum continue to suck up to high level athletic administrators. They have nudes of all of you or something? I don't get it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

29 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

I don't understand what y'all were expecting. You were a .500 CUSA team in your first game with a new coach... vs a P5 team.  Very unlikely you could immediately win that even if you had.big NIL.  Takes time to build. 

I don’t understand why you are here. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

image.png.c421aa8739a3bee871def5e26792091a.png

24 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

image.png.c421aa8739a3bee871def5e26792091a.png

This guy is right. We went from being a mid CUSA team to at this point being a mid to bottom AAC program. We had no defense when Seth was here and we don't have one now. Our offense got 10 first downs tonight and had the ball only 20 minutes. We will need at least 2 to 3 years to turn the program around. Cal was just a much better team tonight. This is college football. Stuff happens. Just ask Baylor who lost at home tonight to Texas State and Texas Tech who got beat by Wyoming.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

And this hiring of Coach Norris was all a terrible mistake?

I understand the emotions.  First, I love Seth. He was a solid dude and I’ll respect him forever.  But yes he was just able to get us to be average.   I think Eric is more relatable and refreshing and to be honest I think he has a lot of growth ahead of him that Seth didn’t have.  Eric isn’t an idiot.  He knows this was a dogshit start.  I’m mad and we’re all mad.  But we have a deal we have to dig out of that we’ve been trying to dig out of for 50 years.  It’s a culture thing.  As upset as I am about this start I do still trust Eric to change the fundamental part of our problem.  He can do this.  We shouldn’t be easy on him but he can do this.  Onto FIU.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

And how long is that?

Id guess three seasons... But by the third season from now we're back to #hit6 and are all thrilled when we make it to the New Mexico bowl at 3pm on a Wednesday in mid Dec... Then we bonus Morris with a few hundred grand and extend his contract 3 more years. And so begins another 7+ years of a mediocrity loop.

Man I'm spiraling 😵‍💫

Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Correct. It’s the pattern we’ve used for decades. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wardly said:

This guy is riThis is college football. Stuff happens. Just ask Baylor who lost at home tonight to Texas State and Texas Tech who got beat by Wyoming.

You probably shouldn't mention Texas State when counseling patience. Their new coach G.J. Kinne beat a P5 as a 27.5-point underdog in his first game.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I don't understand what y'all were expecting. You were a .500 CUSA team in your first game with a new coach... vs a P5 team.  Very unlikely you could immediately win that even if you had.big NIL.  Takes time to build. 

I'm not reading too much into Morris over a first game loss, but I was expecting more than to be completely blown off the field. Cal was 4-8 last season and last had a winning season in 2019. They were only a 6.5-point favorite and won by 37.

• Upvote 1