I hope the ACC is watching

DeepGreen

Since I was at our game yesterday, I recorded the SMU game and watched it today. Mustang defense has improved a bunch. They seemed pretty vanilla on offense, I have a feeling that that by design, they got up 31-0 at halftime over the Bulldogs and pretty much shut it down in the second half. The Bulldogs defense, actually looks pretty good.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I have to admit, there's something endearing about the commitment to attendance snack from a school at that average lower attendance than SMU despite having an undergrad population big enough to fill the stadium by itself.  

It's more like a UNT tradition than actual snack talk

You're absolutely correct, I've tried to stay out of this attendance talk, but it's ridiculous. Our alumni base and student enrollment, completely dwarfs you guys, and we still can't come close to filling our own stadium. I watched your game against Louisiana Tech and y'all had a pretty good crowd in the first half, considering the dangerous temperatures. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dodgefan said:

You're absolutely correct, I've tried to stay out of this attendance talk, but it's ridiculous. Our alumni base and student enrollment, completely dwarfs you guys, and we still can't come close to filling our own stadium. I watched your game against Louisiana Tech and y'all had a pretty good crowd in the first half, considering the dangerous temperatures. 

Exactly. I'm done with talking about talking about SMU... Especially as it pertains to their attendance. It was hot as hell and I don't fault anyone for not showing up to the game on Saturday.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Classic GMG.com coping mechanism.

We get smashed, and then take out frustrations on SMU’s attendance.

7 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I have to admit, there's something endearing about the commitment to attendance snack from a school at that average lower attendance than SMU despite having an undergrad population big enough to fill the stadium by itself.  

It's more like a UNT tradition than actual snack talk

While I think you’re on to something, I’m more interested in the snack talk.  I like fresh fruits & salty crackers/chips for my snacks between meals.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

This was actually pre-planned, as part of their admission agreement SMU agreed not to have a crowd for the first 9 years

Remember, according to SMU, you can lose/miss out on something you never had.

Also, I agree our attendance is poor; however, when they make the reported attendance numbers, UNT fams call it out when it is way off. At SMU, like on Saturday, they can have 10-12K in the seats, report 21K, and then boast how they have higher attendance than UNT. 

10 hours ago, DentonStang said:

despite having an undergrad population big enough to fill the stadium by itself. 

But I thought you guys had the support of all of Dallas? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Remember, according to SMU, you can lose/miss out on something you never had.

Also, I agree our attendance is poor; however, when they make the reported attendance numbers, UNT fams call it out when it is way off. At SMU, like on Saturday, they can have 10-12K in the seats, report 21K, and then boast how they have higher attendance than UNT. 

But I thought you guys had the support of all of Dallas? 

1. Attendance was definitely about 20k..... for the bulk of the 2nd quarter after people finished rolling in off the boulevard and before they left at halftime. I toughed it out but can't blame them for leaving. Not a cloud in the sky. Brutal. 

2.  We have never claimed to have widespread support in Dallas.  I've never heard an SMU fan claim this in my life. This is a ridiculous UNT strawman argument.  Again, it's in your DNA to take attendance shots at SMU and the fact that we've never claimed great attendance just passes through your ears without registering.

UNT:"You are short!"

SMU:"Yes, I am 5'4". It's an issue.  I might point out you are also 5'4" but wearing tall heels."

UNT:"But I thought you were sooooo taaalllllllll!  See!  You aren't tall!  You are so short!  Midget over here!  5'4" dwarf!"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5