New Conference Realignment Forum

Cerebus

If Admins are willing to move VERY relevant UNT football threads to a different forum, can we finally get a generic "College Football" forum so non-UNT topics aren't posted in the "Mean Green Football" forum? Maybe after things get settled with the Pac 4 just rename the realignment forum to something more CFB generic?

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If Admins are willing to move VERY relevant UNT football threads to a different forum, can we finally get a generic "College Football" forum so non-UNT topics aren't posted in the "Mean Green Football" forum? Maybe after things get settled with the Pac 4 just rename the realignment forum to something more CFB generic?

I've always felt like this was implied.  We shouldn't have to create a new forum for it.  Just people read the room: don't put non-Mean Green stuff in the Mean Green football forum.

41 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I think that confining realignment to the Conference Realignment thread is the way to go.

Disagree.  Realignment, especially concerning the AAC, is more important to UNT football and the future of the whole Athletic Department, than football itself right now.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Disagree.  Realignment, especially concerning the AAC, is more important to UNT football and the future of the whole Athletic Department, than football itself right now.

I think what he is saying is the right thing to do is to contain the discussion to one thread under the Mean Green football forum. Not have it separated in its own forum. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yes, but it's rarely worked that way.

That’s kind of where I was going. I think most people go to the Eagle’s Nest for current event, university, and political discussion. 
A lot of non UNT CFB threads get started in the Mean Green football forum. If we want to keep it clean, I think a general CFB forum would help. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

A lot of non UNT CFB threads get started in the Mean Green football forum. If we want to keep it clean, I think a general CFB forum would help. Just my two cents. 

I think part of the issue is that people start a thread about another team thinking in their own mind about how it's related to North Texas, even if they never make it clear in the thread.  They think, "Here's a thread about a team we have scheduled in a few years."  "Here a thread about a team that's dealing with attendance issues (like we should)."  "Here's a thread about a team with whom we just might be in a conference in a few years."  Etc., etc.

30 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I think what he is saying is the right thing to do is to contain the discussion to one thread under the Mean Green football forum. Not have it separated in its own forum. 

That's not how he said it, but I agree it should have stayed under football, since it is mainly concerning the future of our football.

8 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Let's just add it would be helpful if people would not start 20 different threads about the same subject. Take a second to admit it lines up with an existing thread vs. starting a whole new thread.

I don't understand why people make a thread for every new headline. Why not have 1 realignment thread with everything in it? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

And how many people on this board are involved in the decision making?

if someone wants to worry only about the game, and not the politics of realignment, it’s perfectly okay. Aresco and Co probably won’t know that they aren’t speculating nor posting their favorite Jim Williams tweets.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Thank you for doing this.  Those threads were like the train wreck I couldn’t help but look at.  I figure I saved about 10 minutes of wasted time* today since they weren’t on the football page calling my name.

I agree with @NT80 that the realignment issue is extremely important to UNT right now, but I feel like there was never any real update in those threads, just new rumors and speculation.  I assume when something actually happens it will be on the football page…hopefully with lots of celebratory banter.

*i can’t fall asleep so I went to the realignment section and wasted those 10 minutes after all.😆

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2