Breaking: Tylor Perry enters transfer portal

Well shit... It's gonna be a long season next year. I have no doubt Ross Hodge is an incredible coach and defensive mastermind, but I don't know much about him as a recruiter...

This one hurts a lot... Think we'll take a step back

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

Would be hard to see Tylor in another uniform. 
Has a transfer-out ever made it into the UNT Hall of Fame? Should they?

Up to Ross to find the next Tylor Perry. They are out there. 
Wonder how Mardrez McBride feels about his transfer now? Starter on a great UNT team to a part-time player on a BAD Georgia team that didn’t come close to making postseason.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tylor was a gift to UNT , to us , to the basketball program, and to Denton. We were blessed to have him for 2 years.

in the old days , JUCO transfers only played 2 years in D I .

Let’s hope TP earns some good money for himself and his family.  

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

27 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Anybody that even dares to be mad or upset at TP for this decision can lick my boot. This man has huge things ahead of him and we all owe it to him to back him every step of the way

On the contrary, we don't owe him anything. Like he clearly doesn't owe us anything. 

I support the green and white. No player or coach. GMG

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Would be hard to see Tylor in another uniform. 
Has a transfer-out ever made it into the UNT Hall of Fame? Should they?

Up to Ross to find the next Tylor Perry. They are out there. 
Wonder how Mardrez McBride feels about his transfer now? Starter on a great UNT team to a part-time player on a BAD Georgia team that didn’t come close to making postseason.

I believe Drez tweeted after their early sec tourney exit that the grass isn't always greener. Something along those lines. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Y’all buckle in. This could get rough. 

That seems to be what many were saying when Seth was let go. The good thing in BB is with 2-3 new players, things can change quickly. Ross will need to reload and see what we can do in a traditionally stronger conference.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That seems to be what many were saying when Seth was let go. The good thing in BB is with 2-3 new players, things can change quickly. Ross will need to reload and see what we can do in a traditionally stronger conference.

I don’t know specifics. I just know we’re losing a few key players. Could just be those graduating and TP/Abou. But that’s just what I heard. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. If we get out of here just losing our grads and TP/Abou, I’d call this a successful coaching transition. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, MeanGreen22 said:

I don’t know specifics. I just know we’re losing a few key players. Could just be those graduating and TP/Abou. But that’s just what I heard. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. If we get out of here just losing our grads and TP/Abou, I’d call this a successful coaching transition. 

Modern-day college BB. Things can change quickly, and rosters turn over all of the time.

What I find freaking hilarious is that not too long ago, many out in Lubbock didn't think Grant was good enough or we had any players that were that good. Now they're ecstatic with Grant and talking about which players they hope he can get to come there from our roster.

• Upvote 4
  • Pissed 1

19 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Perry has definitely earned the right to transfer. Just remember when Hamlet decided to turn pro. Some thought we'd never be able to replace him. I will miss TP for his involvement in the community as much as his clutch shot making. I trust Hodge to find the next great guard. 

Yep.  Javion was the first thing I thought of as well.   Many were thinking we’d take a step backwards after losing such a special player.   Instead, TP shows up & the train rolls on.  If Hodge is who we think he is, we’ll be just fine.

• Upvote 7