FAU vs SDSU, Final Four (04/01/23)

NT80

39 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Pretty wild ending. They took that last shot about 4 seconds too early. Pretty sure I'd rather take a shot clock violation with 7 seconds left than shoot it with 11 seconds left.

That sums up their offense the last ten minutes. They kept going and going but never drawing a foul and missing shots or turning it over. They could have burned that clock to where they would have won by 6. They didn’t. I guess that’s on May. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That sums up their offense the last ten minutes. They kept going and going but never drawing a foul and missing shots or turning it over. They could have burned that clock to where they would have won by 6. They didn’t. I guess that’s on May. 

Tonight FAU figured out why Tylor Perry is the league MVP. There's no way in hell that he would have lost that lead.

SDSU would have been forced to start fouling.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m highly entertained by the pointed criticism of a team that beat us twice this year and just lost on a buzzer beater in the FINAL FOUR.  

If only they had coach @Andrew on their bench 😏

Not defending your stalker, but I too don't think FAU did everything possible to protect that large lead. Both squads tonight had better/deeper rosters than North Texas but we would have preserved enough of that 14 point lead to win the game. SDSU should have been forced to foul as time expired.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

The big lights and pressure finally got to them.  Thought they played tight from about 10 minutes left until 2 minutes to go.  Finally got their composure, but by that point they had let sdsu back into the game and gave away momentum.  Very uncharacteristic of how they’ve played all year.

If they return most or all of this squad they are going to be a force next year.

15 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Not defending your stalker, but I too don't think FAU did everything possible to protect that large lead. Both squads tonight had better/deeper rosters than North Texas but we would have preserved enough of that 14 point lead to win the game. SDSU should have been forced to foul as time expired.

Agreed. The last 3-4 minutes of the game FAU still attempted shots within the first 12-15 seconds of the shot clock almost every possession. Even the last possession they didn’t use the time wisely. I’m not saying bide your time and jack threes, but clock management was poor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said, FAU wants to play fast and obviously they thought taking the foot of the pedal would get their guys to play tight.  Personally, I didn't really think they looked tight at all.  Once SDSU made their push to get close with...what 10 minutes or so...they tenaciously kept their nose in front.  They were a gritty bunch and led literally the entire 20 minutes of the second half.  The winning shot went through the nets after the buzzer.

Tough way to lose.

Edited by CMJ
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

I am not sure we were watching the same game.  SDSU just kept putting Golden at the free throw line for 1/1 and he kept missing the front end of them.  FAU self destructed.  

SDSU shot way worse from the FT line.  One could say if they'd shot better, they win with much less drama.

Edited by CMJ
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

16 hours ago, ADLER said:

Tonight FAU figured out why Tylor Perry is the league MVP. There's no way in hell that he would have lost that lead.

SDSU would have been forced to start fouling.

I love our team, and everything we accomplished this year shows how great they were. 

They also blew a lead down the stretch against fau twice this year, so I'm not sure about this bike statement