FAU/Kansas State

Coltonw83

13 minutes ago, rcade said:

Dusty May is a hell of a communicator. Everything he says in these postgame interviews is about sending a message to his team and lifting them up, and it's like he planned everything from his words to his demeanor. I can see why FAU's team has a rock-solid belief in themselves no matter how highly ranked the opponent.

You're not kidding. He's all about the team loving and supporting one another. For those who missed it, the reporter who did the post game interview said he refused to do it without the entire team. There's an incredible amount of mutual respect in that locker room.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, rcade said:

Dusty May is a hell of a communicator. Everything he says in these postgame interviews is about sending a message to his team and lifting them up, and it's like he planned everything from his words to his demeanor. I can see why FAU's team has a rock-solid belief in themselves no matter how highly ranked the opponent.

It's very Coach Saban-like. Never, NEVER is Saban responding to the media. He is always communicating to this team, coaches, or recruits in interviews.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

They need 20 more 3s to be National Champions. They are good enough everywhere else. 20 more 3s and the natty is theirs.

I'd give them decent odds against SDSU or Creighton, but I think they might need 20 just against Connecticut.  That was as dominating a performance as I've seen in awhile.

10 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'd give them decent odds against SDSU or Creighton, but I think they might need 20 just against Connecticut.  That was as dominating a performance as I've seen in awhile.

It was. And I've been high on UCONN since January. But tonight Timme caught his 4th with 17:30 to go and they immediately unraveled. 

Am I just looking at this through tinted glasses or have none of the announcers/media given FAU props? I know Golding has had some talk about him playing well, but in the last two games the focus was almost fully on the other teams. Outside a couple of small mentions have the announcers said anything about how well coached FAU is, or how good they are playing? Did the attempted dunk sour everyone on them? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Am I just looking at this through tinted glasses or have none of the announcers/media given FAU props? I know Golding has had some talk about him playing well, but in the last two games the focus was almost fully on the other teams. Outside a couple of small mentions have the announcers said anything about how well coached FAU is, or how good they are playing? Did the attempted dunk sour everyone on them? 

They gave Goldin the backhanded compliment of pointing out that he used to play for Texas Tech, so that means he’s (their words) “good enough to play in the Big XII”  

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1

18 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

They gave Goldin the backhanded compliment of pointing out that he used to play for Texas Tech, so that means he’s (their words) “good enough to play in the Big XII”  

Yeah, they're just mad. It's not supposed to work like this. And they're not a legitimate 13-seed Cinderella, so it makes it difficult for the talking heads to root for them. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

I've seen a couple posts on Facebook ranking the teams that made it to the Sweet 16, and then the Elite 8. Both times, FAU ranked dead last.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I've seen a couple posts on Facebook ranking the teams that made it to the Sweet 16, and then the Elite 8. Both times, FAU ranked dead last.

I saw that too. Lots of hate on social media which I kind of expected. What I find weird is the in-game announcers seem very dismissive of FAU in a way I hadn't seen before. They seem to focus on what the other team should be doing, what shots they miss, what plays they make, etc. FFS they had Nowell's brother mice'd up in the stands, which is ridiculous. I think I've heard them say, "FAU is not going away." a few times, but I haven't heard anyone say, "FAU is playing well/is a legit team/is gritty and tough/so well coached." Again, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see so I wanted to see if others thought the same. 

• Upvote 2