Western Kentucky (3/4/23)

CMJ

4 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Build a 1,500 seat arena and we will sell out every game.

As long as Benford is never brought back.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, NT80 said:

Thanks NT80 for posting this video. I bought all of those green blinkie beads for the Basketball team, the Cheer team, the Dance team, the Pep Band and distributed the rest to fans and Maniacs.

This video was an absolute blast to watch.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

I thought I would never see a guy who made Abou look small.  I loved when their center missed that dunk.  I have never seen a ball go so high on missed dunk.

I was watching the taking very high arching shots and thought what the heck.  There center leads the nation in blocks and he got none last night and say those high arching shoots in the game.

I think this is the best complete game I have seen this season.  Hope it carries into the CUSA tournament.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Had a great time year.   The Pit is dated but I will miss the SuperPit when we eventually move.  I like the view when you walk in looking at the video board.

I agree. I know there are issues with the infrastructure of the building but I really like the facility for basketball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Honestly don't understand how a WKU win did this, but I'll take it.

One of the components of the NET is offensive efficiency (points/possession) - defensive efficiency (opponent points/possession). I wonder how strongly weighted that is.

Looking at those who are between 51 and 39, most teams won by 5 or less in Quad 2 or Quad 3 games. UNC lost to Duke, Providence lost by 24 to Seton Hall, and New Mexico lost on the 3rd to Colorafo State. Northwestern plays today and NC State didn't have a game this weekend. Only thing I can think of is the metrics said teams 39 to 51 were very close and with holding WKU to 33, that defensive efficiency rating must have been insane.

Not sure any of it matters, sadly. Still would be nice to have a strong NET when the season's over.

On 3/4/2023 at 6:59 PM, NT80 said:

8.5K with Suites, and light ribbons around the arena, and I will sign the deal.

15K with a seperation between the court and the seat... plus bad lighting and substandard locker rooms and i will approve.

• Haha 1