Breaking: DeShawn Gaddie enters Portal.

TheReal_jayD

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If he announces a destination within the next 24 hrs = tampering. 

Very odd timing for a transfer announcement.  Today is the final day that players can formally declare they are entering the 2023 NFL draft.  Also, someone mentioned UNT classes start tomorrow, so maybe it's just an academic change?  

Otherwise, it sounds suspicious.

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Or maybe he didn't like what they told him about how they felt about his play?

That would be an indictment of Caponi, because if Caponi is looking at our roster, he's not going to find a better corner currently on the roster (Sorry Ridge).   If Gaddie was told to look elsewhere, or that he wasn't very good by the DC, who also serves as his position coach, that is a very poor assessment, considering the depth (and just flat-out lack of talent) at that particular position.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That would be an indictment of Caponi, because if Caponi is looking at our roster, he's not going to find a better corner currently on the roster (Sorry Ridge).   If Gaddie was told to look elsewhere, or that he wasn't very good by the DC, who also serves as his position coach, that is a very poor assessment, considering the depth (and just flat-out lack of talent) at that particular position.

Truthfully we don't know. The timing makes it seem very fishy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

will you maintain this mindset when we sign transfers? should UNT fans apologize to ULM fans for signing their QB?

No we shouldn't apologize nor should they if they sign one of our kids, but at the same time, I don't expect them to wish them well either. I can see them being pissed about it and rightfully so after they spent time developing him.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I agree, and it already looked bad to begin with.

This. I have commented that I am worried about the lack of portal help we have brought in on the defensive side of the ball. We seem to be focusing a lot more on the offensive side of the ball. I would expect we will be hitting the portal very hard for defensive help in the next window, but it would have been nice to get more in for the spring.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1