Fan support

slider1986

2 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

A national championship game with perennial powerhouses out drawing random Frisco Bowl on a random cold Saturday night you say?

I didn't think it was that cold...but again some of us fans are tougher than others if weather has to be an excuse 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 10

52 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

It was 33° with a wind-chill in the twenties. But don't worry, no one is questioning your manhood, you get your tough guy fan badge for the day.

sarcastic drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

We're comparing Apples and Oranges here, it's a National Championship Game and both their fanbases like nothing better than getting out of N & S Dakotas in the dead of winter! If lived up there I'm would gladly go from a high of 20 to 60. Also sure there would be 20,000 from those states make the trip south!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Littrell lost this fanbase between the periods of flirting with the Kansas State job and getting throttled by a skeleton crew coaching staff in the N.M. Bowl in 2018.  

Rick

He lost the fan base when he went 4-8 in 2019 despite tons of expectations. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

On 1/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Littrell lost this fanbase between the periods of flirting with the Kansas State job and getting throttled by a skeleton crew coaching staff in the N.M. Bowl in 2018.  

Rick

If memory serves Utah State was a top 25 team and Fine was injured early in the game and did not return so I gave Littrell a pass.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

How big is your truck to compensate for what you lack, since you gotta try and prove your “tougher” on a fan board

Ok guy who drives a Citation

Well if people want make excuses for not showing up to the game for weather is pathetic. Academy Sports and Outdoors has ton of winter gear to buy…unless you rather wear your Northface vest inside drinking at the wine bar thinking your sh$t doesn’t stink.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Ok guy who drives a Citation

Well if people want make excuses for not showing up to the game for weather is pathetic. Academy Sports and Outdoors has ton of winter gear to buy…unless you rather wear your Northface vest inside drinking at the wine bar thinking your sh$t doesn’t stink.

You mad Bruh 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, wardly said:

If memory serves Utah State was a top 25 team and Fine was injured early in the game and did not return so I gave Littrell a pass.

Yep.  I did too.   Not to say that the KSSt flirting maybe didn't have something to do with it, but if I had to pinpoint a specific time, I agree with this one:

On 1/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

He lost the fan base when he went 4-8 in 2019 despite tons of expectations. 

... specifically on the last-second loss to a horrible Charlotte team that year.   We were underachieving that season up until that point already... then it just seemed like the bottom fell out. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yep.  I did too.   Not to say that the KSSt flirting maybe didn't have something to do with it, but if I had to pinpoint a specific time, I agree with this one:

... specifically on the last-second loss to a horrible Charlotte team that year.   We were underachieving that season up until that point already... then it just seemed like the bottom fell out. 

I agree that after Charlotte loss we went south fast and never recovered,

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JustBecameGreen said:

I made an account to speak on this. I just graduated fall of 22, want to know why no one goes?

because the team regularly blows big games. the school is mediocre and the team is mediocre, nothing it does wows you. We also have a massive population of people who don’t care about sportsball (I fall more or less into this camp). I’ll go watch a game here or there and leave at halftime. win games, then guess what? People will come to watch. Then move to a big conference, regardless I, like most UNT alumni and students really don’t give a sh!t about sports. 

you go to UNT for 1 of 3 reasons

1. you couldn’t get into anywhere else because of grades. 

2. they gave you a free ride and hey it’s close by. No debt sounds awesome.

3. you’re a burn out, the school has an 85% acceptance rate. 

no one goes to UNT because they REALLLY want to unless they are in music. 

these are my thoughts as a recent graduate.

1. BS. 

2. Sounds great. 

3. Also, BS. 

Thanks for posting. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, JustBecameGreen said:

I made an account to speak on this. I just graduated fall of 22, want to know why no one goes?

because the team regularly blows big games. the school is mediocre and the team is mediocre, nothing it does wows you. We also have a massive population of people who don’t care about sportsball (I fall more or less into this camp). I’ll go watch a game here or there and leave at halftime. win games, then guess what? People will come to watch. Then move to a big conference, regardless I, like most UNT alumni and students really don’t give a sh!t about sports. 

you go to UNT for 1 of 3 reasons

1. you couldn’t get into anywhere else because of grades. 

2. they gave you a free ride and hey it’s close by. No debt sounds awesome.

3. you’re a burn out, the school has an 85% acceptance rate. 

no one goes to UNT because they REALLLY want to unless they are in music. 

these are my thoughts as a recent graduate.

Perhaps one of the dumbest first post in the history of gomeangreen.com. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1