QB Options

2 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

With all due respect thatbyou are deserving of, how are you certain of this @UNTLifer?

He is allowed to come back by rule, but by every indication out there, he wants to leave.  I saw that he wanted to enter the draft.  Then he put his name in the portal.  Now he is looking at the draft again.

Technically, I don't think we're obligated to renew his scholly, though.  Once you enter the portal, the staff is going to be inclined to fill that slot with someone else.

• Upvote 4

Man some of you act like Aune (who set our program record for passing TDs this season) is the damn boogeyman and he is going to come get you if you don’t stay on wishing him away. The dude isn’t coming back. He seems to be well aware that y’all can’t stand him He was headed to the draft but decided to test the portal to see if any intriguing P5 offers came his way. Based on his second declaration about entering the draft I doubt the right offer was presented to him which is likely why he withdrew his name from the portal as a formality.

Watch Sanoe’s video and please put the whole Austin is the boogeyman bit to bed already.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Man some of you act like Aune (who set our program record for passing TDs this season) is the damn boogeyman and he is going to come get you if you don’t stay on wishing him away. The dude isn’t coming back. He seems to be well aware that y’all can’t stand him He was headed to the draft but decided to test the portal to see if any intriguing P5 offers came his way. Based on his second declaration about entering the draft I doubt the right offer was presented to him which is likely why he withdrew his name from the portal as a formality.

Watch Sanoe’s video and please put the whole Austin is the boogeyman bit to bed already.

The Devil Lol GIF by Friendly Neighbor Records

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Stop with the virtue signaling already. In your heart of hearts you don’t want him back and you know it.  Doesn’t mean we don’t all respect the heckfire out of him and recognize he has skills.

Edited by meangreenfaninno
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Cr1028 said:

I have a feeling he is ready for a fresh start somewhere else because half of our fanbase hates his guts.

I doubt any fan hates any player's guts.  

My opinion, which I think may be popular among fans; is one of appreciation of Aune's ability and drive. 

IMO, he just was not the type of QB that is often going to take over and win games based on his performance.   Maher, Ramsey, Fine and a few others just had higher ceilings that often resulted in wins despite being overall outmanned by the opponent. 

I hope Aune has success at some other school, if he still wants to play.   

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Stop with the virtue signaling already. In your heart of hearts you don’t want him back and you know it.  Doesn’t mean we don’t all respect the heckfire out of him and recognize he has skills.

Virtue signaling? I wanted Stone Earle to start the bowl game but that doesn’t mean that I am going to lampoon Aune on his way out the door. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 12/30/2022 at 1:01 PM, UNTLifer said:

Wonder if this young man is interested in coming back to Texas?  Seems to fit the type that Morris likes. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Hornsby-46037405/

Looks like Texas State might land him

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:09 PM, Green with Envy said:

If we’re bringing kids back home, here’s a QB option to look at.  Extreme long shot but you just never know.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Braedyn-Locke-46093750/

YES!!!!!!  Four star quarterbacks don't grow on trees and this young man is from the Metroplex.

• Upvote 2