UNT TRANSFER PORTAL ACTIVITY

El Paso Eagle

Here's a thought for HS coaches and players who complain that the Transfer Portal is impacting High Schoolers unfairly - You do what you feel is best for you, why wouldn't the colleges do what's best for them? Just my opinion, but if I'm a G5 school, not sure if I would go after more than a small handful of HS players every year.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 1

38 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

We are losing a lot of players today.  I was hoping hiring Morris quickly would protect us.  #isntworking

This is the new normal for G5s in the portal, especially during coaching changes.  Keep in mind that less than half of players that enter the portal find a new place to play.

• Upvote 3

At RB, it may be Adaway. I spoke to someone at one of the games that told me he met Adaway's parents while tailgating and he said they told him that Adaway was not a fan of Coach Cobbs. As far as TE, I would expect it's one of the guys who is not playing yet, and with Gumms' tweet, they may not see much playing time coming up since he was a RSFr this year. I think we all knew Pitt was meddling with Shorter. Nixon and Wood are a surprise to me. Then again, I have no proof of anything.

Edited by Venson
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

I am not blaming Morris for any of this.  They fired Seth too late.  At the very latest they should have fired him after 2nd half goose egg blowout that the UAB game turned into.  A half of being shutout should never happen to a tenured HC with an offensive back ground and seasoned starting QB.   Leadership made sure that the new coach was going to be behind the 8-ball going into the new conference.  Shorter deserved to be utilized better.

2 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

We are losing a lot of players today.  I was hoping hiring Morris quickly would protect us.  #isntworking

Kind of delusional wishful thinking.  Just like the decision to bring Seth back.  It was   absolutely stupid to let weather cloud a long term decision.  UTSA's Jeff Traylor owned Seth from the day he arrived in San Antonio.  So 😡 that we ended up with a coach taking over under these circumstances when it was clear as day to any neutral observer that under Seth had reached his ceiling with the team here.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Morris meeting with several players today. Already won recruiting battle so far with Gumms. Only qb turned depth lb and a wr who has transferred more times than college catches. Some players will hit portal. It is a for gone conclusion. Nixon and Shorter would be big losses. But both have been on campus for 5 years and got degrees. Thats all you can ask of players. 

You need to update your signature, good sir!

• Upvote 1

When you put your name in the portal you have to wait 24-48 hours for it to show up, and those are business days, so there are players who put their name in Friday who still won't be known until tomorrow all across the country.

We should hold on for dear life, but at the same time, everyone who leaves opens up a scholarship for what will be a very small class already. 

• Upvote 1