Southern Nazarene (11/7/22)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

Keep pulling the thread and the whole sweater will start to unravel. We’re all counting on you to solve this. 

Oh yeah they don’t score the last almost 5 minutes where they only take four shots and have all 5 starters on the bench. In an actual winnable game… ok sure… 

Hey when UNT is up on their next opponent at half and decides to sit their starters most of the second half you get back to me….

• Confused 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Lot of disappointing events tonight but I really did see why Mccasland compares Huntsberry’s game to Hamlet’s. Some of these fringe guys better do more to stake a claim to playing time while they have the chances with Perry and Jones out. I thought Moore earned some more look at playing time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Oh yeah they don’t score the last almost 5 minutes where they only take four shots and have all 5 starters on the bench. In an actual winnable game… ok sure… 

Hey when UNT is up on their next opponent at half and decides to sit their starters most of the second half you get back to me….

What would you like me to do about it? What are you going to do about it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 6

Just now, GMG_Dallas said:

Hopefully Rewban Jonz and Tilar Parie (@BillySee58 those are 4 u) can come came back soon and be difference makers for us. I know it's game 1 and there's a lot of new pieces but boy was that rough. We got no offense from Eady and Martinez.

Really?! Come on, man. It’s Tyler!

Yeah, disappointing from Eady and Martinez, considering those are 4-year D1 players. Still, it’ll get better for them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

What would you like me to do about it? What are you going to do about it?

Nothing… but it makes me frustrated. Benford lost to a D2 team on the road and that sucked. We had to have a D2 team pretty much throw the game in the second half on our home court to win…. That honesty sucks worse. 100% being honest. This game to me is worse then Benford D2 lose and worse than Johnnys massive (what 50 points lose?) at UTSA. It reeks to me. We couldn’t even get their starters on the floor in the second half? We had to win by playing their literal bench players which consisted of some true freshman against the best guys we had at the time. This is not a win and shouldn’t be considered a win. Hate it all you want… but as a competitor… this isn’t a win. Should have just been an exhibition for us apparently. 

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Really?! Come on, man. It’s Tyler!

Yeah, disappointing from Eady and Martinez, considering those are 4-year D1 players. Still, it’ll get better for them.

Oh golly, I do apologize. Tyler*.

I'm sure it will as they get more comfortable. Something to note is we really just shot horribly as a team. If ESPN is accurate, I'm seeing 4/22 from 3 and 13/21 from the charity stripe. It's not like we weren't breaking down the defense and not getting open looks; we just couldn't make a bucket. Got flashbacks of the CUSA tourney loss to La Tech. I'm sure it'll be better next game, even against a tougher opponent and even if Tylor and Rubin aren't back.

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I think that is the worst ballgame I have seen out of a McCasland team..

Even without Perry, this should have been a easy win if NT is close as to as good as they are predicted.

It seemed obvious that Nazarene basically threw the game, but I have no idea why.

Oh if you listens to the post game you knew why…. 
But ya know…. It’s smart to sit your starters around the 14 minute mark and pretty much never put them back in… that makes complete logical sense in a competitive college basketball game…. UNT athletics should be embarrassed. The game seemed clearly thrown to me and others who watched and that’s what It took for this team to beat a D2 team at home. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Former Guyer player Tyler Mcghie getting to play in front of his home town. Hoping he drops 50 and we still win by 30. 

I guess he didn’t get a chance to drop 50 since he was benched pretty much the entire second half after going off against us in the first…. But good for UNT beating a D2 teams bench/scrubs in the second half at home…. 

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I think that is the worst ballgame I have seen out of a McCasland team..

Even without Perry, this should have been a easy win if NT is close as to as good as they are predicted.

It seemed obvious that Nazarene basically threw the game, but I have no idea why.

I wish those downvoting this post, could provide some thoughts that counter the post. 

NT won only because they fed 6'10 Ousmane being guarded for much of the game by a 6'4 second team player. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I wish those downvoting this post, could provide some thoughts that counter the post. 

NT won only because they fed 6'10 Ousmane being guarded for much of the game by a 6'4 second team player. 

Oh no… UNT won because Southern Nazarene did not play their starters for almost the entirety of the second half. Next time UNT does that in a competitive game let me know…

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

for reference here is the play by play. The last time their starters (to the best that I can see) scored/had the ball was at the 6:43 mark and other than this chunk here there was one more time around the 14-16 mark they were in when Tyler hit the big 3. Other than that the entire closing 6 minutes of the game was their bench. I will wait if someone can show me any example of a coach pulling his starters with a minimal lead and never letting them touch the floor again….They handed us the game to appease the home crowd.

33289095-2618-49BB-8BE7-12264D631C0D.jpeg.011f56a558813149c9826b08d8e9772d.jpegC953E9FF-0B89-478C-A50A-8072E01ACC76.png.ac793d7de6751596ecca98515e740778.png

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

It was a poor showing, but the country will see we won and won't know we basically got handed the win.  All they'll see is we won a closer than expected game and figure we're still getting stuff figured out.  Hopefully we get our act together for the next one.  

Keep calm and carry on.  GMG

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1