Southern Nazarene (11/7/22)

CMJ

I am anxious to see our new added players and the more up tempo offense.

I wish we had all D1 opponents and not these NAIA and DII teams on the schedule.   Was it that hard to get someone to Denton?  It's not like we're in Montana.  Nothing against them, but I don't think we get much quality competition playing these scrimmages.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

I am anxious to see our new added players and the more up tempo offense.

I wish we had all D1 opponents and not these NAIA and DII teams on the schedule.   Was it that hard to get someone to Denton?  It's not like we're in Montana.  Nothing against them, but I don't think we get much quality competition playing these scrimmages.

GMac explained on a recent podcast that no P5 team wants to even play them..especially in Denton.  There are some G5’s coming into town, but later in the season. 

28 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

GMac explained on a recent podcast that no P5 team wants to even play them..especially in Denton.  There are some G5’s coming into town, but later in the season. 

No, I don't mean upper level P5 type programs (although P5 and G5 are football designations).  I just mean one of the 352 DI basketball programs.

"There are 352 schools that are full members of 32 Division I basketball conferences, plus five more that are in transition from NCAA Division II and one also in transition from NCAA Division III, and are members of Division I conferences."

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, NT80 said:

No, I don't mean upper level P5 type programs (although P5 and G5 are football designations).  I just mean one of the 352 DI basketball programs.

"There are 352 schools that are full members of 32 Division I basketball conferences, plus five more that are in transition from NCAA Division II and one also in transition from NCAA Division III, and are members of Division I conferences."

I see. Not sure. I’m assuming it’s a similar situation where it’s tough getting opponents to come to Denton.  I’ve got tix to the Fresno St. game. That one should be a good game. 

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

There is no such thing as P5 in basketball.

However, it is extremely hard to get name teams to play away in out of conference games. 

As McCasland stated they don't want to play NT even at their home.  

That is not just a NT or CUSA problem, it is true for all 352 teams.  It is further complicated for teams like NT that don't have a big budget for buying home games.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1