UNLV

southsideguy

11 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I hope they don't have a running qb.  We were not good in containment last night. But with our secondary I don't know if ever run the ball.

Bad news they throw the ball alot.

Body had 14 rushes for 45 yards. Hardly an abusive stat against the defense. A lot of those yards were running for his life from our defense. A decent mobile QB will get yards…but this was not an issue. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/football-betting/college-football/north-texas-at-unlv-september-17-2022/1637286/

This site is showing UNLV favored by one. But I am sure that will shake out over the next couple of days. 

You’re right. I had my green goggles on this morning. Dammit!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Body had 14 rushes for 45 yards. Hardly an abusive stat against the defense. A lot of those yards were running for his life from our defense. A decent mobile QB will get yards…but this was not an issue. 

How many sacks did we have? In college they count those against the QB's running stats.

• Upvote 1

UNLV Statistical Leaders through Two Games:

Passing:

Doug Brumfield: 39 - 58 for 562 yards with 5 TD's and 1 int.

Rushing: 

Aidan Robbins: 24 attempts for 120 yards and 3 TD's

Courtney Reese: 11 attempts for 92 yards and 0 TD's

Doug Brumfield: 16 attempts for 47 yards  and 0 TD's.

Receiving:

Ricky White: 12 rec for 241 yards and 2 TD's

Jeff Weimer: 9 rec for 120 yards and 0 TD's

Kyle Williams: 7 rec for 120 yards and 2 TD's

Defense:

Giving up 20.5 points per game.

71 net yards per game rushing and 2 TD's

234.5 yards per game passing and 3 TD's/2 Int's.

Time of Possession:

UNLV: 27:24 per game

Opp: 32:36 per game

On 9/11/2022 at 11:15 PM, Billy Clyde said:

UNLV almost beat Cal.

They are one point dogs at home? They must be point-shaving.

Cal isn’t very good and UNLV was only able to gain 309 yards of offense and went 1-12 on 3rd downs. 

It’s hard to gauge them right now because their win was against an awful FCS opponent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Their defense looks about even with our defense.  Idaho State was able to make big plays.  One of which was a play action that most of the defense bit on so maybe we can take advantage of that.

Offensively their quarterback looked comfortable in the pocket and their WR White could make some moves against our defense.

After watching some highlights and clips from their two games, it will likely be a close game with a lot of scoring.  Hoping to watch a bit more of them between now and Saturday.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Okiefan said:

We need to throw to him a lot more! Great weapon that rarely gets used. 

He is a great weapon and we should use him but right now he is our 2nd leading receiver with 7 catches to Rod Burns 8. I don’t think he specifically is being rarely used. I think we only pass the ball 39% of the time which makes all pass catchers look rarely used.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2