Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: Source -- Petrilli top option to replace Ekeler as UNT's special teams coordinator


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What is funny/sad - If he gets the job and we have poor Special teams play the same people will be bitching at Seth for the hire 🤣

I don’t think anything can get worse than last years disaster on Special Teams. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don’t think anything can get worse than last years disaster on Special Teams. 

At times it seems they were competing with the Defense to see who could cause the most pain for the fans

  • Upvote 4
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Everyone at the athletic department will say they don’t read GMG but they always seem to know when something is said here.

It is a familiar refrain from a lot of coaches and I don't believe any of them.  

  • Upvote 3
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Athletes and coaches from the pros down always read what is said about them, whether they admit it or not. They are some of the most self-conscious people with an "I'll show you" attitude. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the coaches probably read this board.  They have to get the pulse of the fan base.  If they don't come on hear to "listen", then they are missing an opportunity for improvement.

  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

All the coaches probably read this board.  They have to get the pulse of the fan base.  If they don't come on hear to "listen", then they are missing an opportunity for improvement.

Well then. My anti-Littrrell job here is done.

He is a fine coach. He ain't a 2mil and private jet coach. No shame there. But if you can't produce then don't expect the pay.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So we are kind of hiring but not hiring him? And so if we don’t like how he runs the ST unit we hire someone else after wasting spring ball running the ST unit one way and then starting over in the summer?

I fine with hiring the guy but just hire him and move forward. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

So we are kind of hiring but not hiring him? And so if we don’t like how he runs the ST unit we hire someone else after wasting spring ball running the ST unit one way and then starting over in the summer?

I fine with hiring the guy but just hire him and move forward. 

I don’t think we have ever learned anything about a coordinator during spring practice other than how they interact with players. It isn’t until the regular season when we realize how atrocious a hire was. I hope I have to eat my hat on this but I do not have a good feeling about this “hire“.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t think we have ever learned anything about a coordinator during spring practice other than how they interact with players. It isn’t until the regular season when we realize how atrocious a hire was. I hope I have to eat my hat on this but I do not have a good feeling about this “hire“.

What has you worried?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like the main knock on the guy is that he (may) move up from a "quality control" position to one as a full time assistant, but that seems like a path that a lot of up-and-comers seem to be taking, as indicated here: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-best-young-coaches-30under30-151573416/#151573416_1.

And I believe we hired Graham Harrell as OC and QB coach from a similar background at Washington State. I guess some of us didn't like what we were seeing on the field with him until we got a chance to see his successor at work, who seemed to have the traditional career path to success as an FBS OC, through success in that position at the FCS level.

Has anyone mentioned any other promising candidates for ST coordinator out there at this time?

Edited by eulessismore
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What has you worried?

 

That he was involved with special teams last year and he wasn’t poached along with Biagi like John David Baker was with Graham Harrell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eulessismore said:

It sounds like the main knock on the guy is that he (may) move up from a "quality control" position to one as a full time assistant, but that seems like a path that a lot of up-and-comers seem to be taking, as indicated here: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-best-young-coaches-30under30-151573416/#151573416_1.

And I believe we hired Graham Harrell as OC and QB coach from a similar background at Washington State. I guess some of us didn't like what we were seeing on the field with him until we got a chance to see his successor at work, who seemed to have the traditional career path to success as an FBS OC, through success in that position at the FCS level.

Has anyone mentioned any other promising candidates for ST coordinator out there at this time?

Not QC to full time assistant. QC to de facto coordinator. That is my biggest problem. If they named him safeties coach or something I’d have less concern.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.