Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Mean Green Adoption Thread...but with a Twist


Recommended Posts

time to reboot the tried and true it must be football season thread. this year though, I think we should up the ante.

we'll start with normal rules...pick your player, post some stats after each game

but given 2020 is such a different season and pushing forward with a game during a pandemic means a real assessment of what we prioritize. I think we should make things a bit more fun:

 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season you make a $1000 donation to the Mean Green Scholarship fund
 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season and requires a respirator, it's $5000 to the World Health Organization
 - if your adoptee dies of COVID-19 during the season, $10,000 to their family and toward their funeral and final expenses

I've had Deion Hair-Griffen since he arrived on campus so I'll stick with him. 

GMG

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year was probably the biggest disappointment I've ever had in terms of production from my adopted player (outside of that ACU game... boy did he kill it in that game!).     Rico, best of luck to you in the future.

Now that it's a new season, I'll stay in the WR room & go for a guy I'm expecting to break out this year:
Austin Ogunmakin
huCh2BJk.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sticking with my boy from Big D and I don't mean Dallas

Tyreke Davis!!!!

Hes gonna have a big year. Second leading tackler and he'll have 5 sacks and 2 picks

image.png.03bef8ef736f2acaac79910427631964.png

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

DeShawn Gaddie!

Already taken.

I am sticking with my two young men through their careers.

Edited by UNTLifer
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Don’t switch horses mid stream I guess so sticking with Jo Jo

 

I think he is the last McCarney recruit too. Not saying that is a bad thing. I felt the same about the last Dodge recruit. I think it was Marcus Smith but I may have just forgotten who it actually was. I knew at the time. It’s kind of a neat nostalgia to me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

time to reboot the tried and true it must be football season thread. this year though, I think we should up the ante.

we'll start with normal rules...pick your player, post some stats after each game

but given 2020 is such a different season and pushing forward with a game during a pandemic means a real assessment of what we prioritize. I think we should make things a bit more fun:

 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season you make a $1000 donation to the Mean Green Scholarship fund
 - if your adoptee contracts COVID-19 during the season and requires a respirator, it's $5000 to the World Health Organization
 - if your adoptee dies of COVID-19 during the season, $10,000 to their family and toward their funeral and final expenses


I've had Deion Hair-Griffen since he arrived on campus so I'll stick with him. 

GMG

so this shit is fine, yet the eagle's nest is closed???  makes perfect sense...this is douchebaging pathetic...and no i didn't say douchebaging or whatever it changes too

 

edit:   love how he ties a donation to the severity of someone's sickness...makes perfect sense...so should we root for cases and death?  douchebaging pathetic

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Ray 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is still available......

I select Oscar Adaway III with my first round pick.

Adaway_III_Oscar_Jersey_FB20.jpg?width=3

Since I first saw his high school highlights, I thought this guy will be a beast for us one day. Well, I think this season will be his coming out party.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I think he is the last McCarney recruit too. Not saying that is a bad thing. I felt the same about the last Dodge recruit. I think it was Marcus Smith but I may have just forgotten who it actually was. I knew at the time. It’s kind of a neat nostalgia to me.

Yes I think both were grey shirts. I really thought Jo was a marginal recruit but he is having a nice career here even if not a star. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the young guys pushes him out or eats up a lot of his playing time. But we don’t abandon our kids, right. Plus he has a lot of experience out there and there is something to be said for a crafty veteran. 
 

I can also pull a Lifer and just claim a few extra guys later too! 😉

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THOR said:

so this shit is fine, yet the eagle's nest is closed???  makes perfect sense...this is douchebaging pathetic...and no i didn't say douchebaging or whatever it changes too

 

edit:   love how he ties a donation to the severity of someone's sickness...makes perfect sense...so should we root for cases and death?  douchebaging pathetic

would it have been better if I just offered to buy you a beer if your adoptee dies?

  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.