Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Baylor to build a $100 million basketball arena thanks to generous donations.

 

Note: Moderators move this thread if needed.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Baylor to build a $100 million basketball arena thanks to generous donations.

 

Note: Moderators move this thread if needed.

Impressive! An anonymous source tells me that the donations cover 70% of the cost; the remainder will be handled with a revenue bond issue. The debt service will be covered by a so-called "Date-rape Tax" on Baylor students, with the amount doubled on football players.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Capacity 7-7500? Going smaller. Should of never torn done the PIT!

What PIT was torn down?

  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not relevant to the topic but I will never get over what Baylor was able to get away with essentially scot-free. I can understand Penn State not receiving the death penalty to an extent since it was only a few coaches and a long time ago, but the despicable actions of the Baylor athletic department and administration absolutely merited it in this case. 

I would be ashamed to be associated with university in any way shape or form after that scandal.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

Not relevant to the topic but I will never get over what Baylor was able to get away with essentially scot-free. I can understand Penn State not receiving the death penalty to an extent since it was only a few coaches and a long time ago, but the despicable actions of the Baylor athletic department and administration absolutely merited it in this case. 

I would be ashamed to be associated with university in any way shape or form after that scandal.

Since this is a basketball forum, let's not forget about Dave Bliss.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

Not relevant to the topic but I will never get over what Baylor was able to get away with essentially scot-free. I can understand Penn State not receiving the death penalty to an extent since it was only a few coaches and a long time ago, but the despicable actions of the Baylor athletic department and administration absolutely merited it in this case. 

I would be ashamed to be associated with university in any way shape or form after that scandal.

So you’re ok with male children being raped on campus in athletic department showers by invited former staff members with special access but if a college coed was raped off campus by a football player shut down the program?

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we're off.  Can't wait to see where this leads.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

So you’re ok with male children being raped on campus in athletic department showers by invited former staff members with special access but if a college coed was raped off campus by a football player shut down the program?

You just simplified the Baylor scandals into one off-campus rape?  I'm not sure but I don't think you have a full grasp of the Briles scandal, or if you are even aware of the Dennehy era.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

So you’re ok with male children being raped on campus in athletic department showers by invited former staff members with special access but if a college coed was raped off campus by a football player shut down the program?

 

Maybe you missed where I said to an extent...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, greenminer said:

You just simplified the Baylor scandals into one off-campus rape?  I'm not sure but I don't think you have a full grasp of the Briles scandal, or if you are even aware of the Dennehy era.

 

6 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

 

Maybe you missed where I said to an extent...

I’m sure I missed something. All I got out of that is you could see that penn state shouldn’t get the harshest penalty. I disagree completely. They let the wolf use the henhouse to lure in baby chicks and then gobble them up in the damn henhouse. I can’t imagine  anything worse unless Briles turned the locker room into a seedy night club with no exit and diverted the freshman women’s orientation into that locker room 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

 

I’m sure I missed something. All I got out of that is you could see that penn state shouldn’t get the harshest penalty. I disagree completely. They let the wolf use the henhouse to lure in baby chicks and then gobble them up in the damn henhouse. I can’t imagine  anything worse unless Briles turned the locker room into a seedy night club with no exit and diverted the freshman women’s orientation into that locker room 

 

They both deserved the death penalty. One occurred a very long time ago, and the other was very recent. Admittedly I am a lot less familiar with the details of the Penn State case. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

 

They both deserved the death penalty. One occurred a very long time ago, and the other was very recent. Admittedly I am a lot less familiar with the details of the Penn State case. 

That sounds fair to me. 👍

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest assured that the $100 million arena being built for the glory of God.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has gotten to where I dislike Baylor more than smuT these days.  smuT is basically irrelevant, but  Baylor got in to the Big XII because of political clout, has proven they will go for the win at all cost, is a good school, but many of their alumni leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Downsizing basketball arenas has become a trend across the state and country. The University of Texas is projecting capacity of its new arena at 10,000 seats after playing in the 16,734-seat Frank Erwin Center. Texas Christian University dropped its seating capacity from 8,500 to 6,800 when it reconfigured its basketball arena.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 9:57 AM, Harry said:

 

And I agree with it. Demand will exceed supply when this philosophy is initiated and prices will therefore increase. These schools can cut the size of their venues which in hand cuts back on maintenance issues, employee overhead, etc. while being able to maintain or almost maintain revenue flow with smaller facilities. It also creates a more intimate environment that pushes excitement. Why not do this. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

 

They both deserved the death penalty. One occurred a very long time ago, and the other was very recent. Admittedly I am a lot less familiar with the details of the Penn State case. 

Baylor isn’t out of the woods just yet on this. The NCAA has them ready to pounce if they can ever get all the Pepper Hamilton report in their hands. I still maintain that Baylor, just like SMU in 1985, is the perfect piñata for the NCAA to beat down on. They don’t matter at all, won’t ever go to another conference, and they have nobody who gives one shit about them to help them in the media or in the NCAA. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Baylor isn’t out of the woods just yet on this. The NCAA has them ready to pounce if they can ever get all the Pepper Hamilton report in their hands. I still maintain that Baylor, just like SMU in 1985, is the perfect piñata for the NCAA to beat down on. They don’t matter at all, won’t ever go to another conference, and they have nobody who gives one shit about them to help them in the media or in the NCAA. 

I don’t think the NCAA will ever hand out the DP again. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, greenminer said:

I don’t think the NCAA will ever hand out the DP again. 

I agree. It’s been said by many different people that it will never happen again. Just too much money in college football for the NCAA to do that. The NCAA is about making money. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, greenminer said:

I don’t think the NCAA will ever hand out the DP again. 

I don’t think they will either, but to put huge penalties on them and not take them back like they did for Penn State, who does have gigantic coverage and fan interest that Baylor never will have.

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Waco, one of the most effed up places on earth.  

Home to David Koresh and the Mount Carmel compound where 86 people died.

Home to one of the most corrupt universities wrought with scandal and death.

Home to a scandalous police department that sat on rape cases from said university.  

And speaking of their corrupt law enforcement...Waco is home to the bizarre Twin Peaks shootout in 2015....

 

...a shootout erupted at a Twin Peaks restaurant where more than 200 persons, including members from motorcycle clubs that included the Bandidos, Cossacks, and allies, had gathered for a meeting about political rights for motorcyclists. Law enforcement, which included 18 members of the Waco police and 4 state troopers, had gathered to monitor the restaurant and meeting from outside, and, according to police, "returned fire after being shot at". Nine bikers were killed, 18 others wounded or injured, and 177 individuals were ultimately arrested and initially detained in connection with the shootout, most for alleged participation in organized crime. According to the New York Times, "the response by prosecutors was widely criticized as brazen overreach". According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, the shootout led to a "four-year prosecutorial fiasco that resulted in zero convictions.”

 

Home to the roughest, sorriest part of I-35 south of Hillsboro.

 When traveling I refuse to stop for gas or food there.  Waco is a place to avoid.

 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.