Need help for bars in Denton for Saturday.

edcollopy

Hey folks...I'm bringing my wife up for the game this Saturday (she played volleyball at Auburn), and I need a good sports bar by campus or in downtown to watch the FAU/OU game.  Watching Auburn game in the Alumni Center most likely. I also want to see the new union.  So, if there is a good place to eat and watch the early game that will allow me to walk to the union, please let me know.  I've been to a good sports bar by the courthouse in downtown, but that was 5 years ago and it may be gone.  Thank you for the recommendations. 

• Ray 1

You can always go to fry street and hit up Fry Street Tavern or Public House. You are gonna run into the college crowd though but you will be very close to the Union and Stadium.

East Side has a good assortment of Televisions, Melo Mushroom, Roosters and thats all I can think of right now that have good TV''s

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

You can always go to fry street and hit up Fry Street Tavern or Public House. You are gonna run into the college crowd though but you will be very close to the Union and Stadium.

East Side has a good assortment of Televisions, Melo Mushroom, Roosters and thats all I can think of right now that have good TV''s

^ I agree. I have to say, one thing Denton is lacking is a really good sports bar.

But If I had to pick a place to watch a game it would probably be East Side. They have a decent amount of TVs and you can bring in outside food. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Last I checked, they had completely abandoned the original plans to serve beer. 

They absolutely serve beer in the Union Syndicate, but typically around events like the Tuesdays and Wednesday evenings when the jazz ensembles play 9:00-Midnight.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

Because of the stupid club laws that make you have to be a "member" in order to serve liquor.  This is like Footloose and we should all be Kevin Bacon.

The club membership thing has not been around for at least five or six years, or at least if it is still on the books, it is definitely not enforced in Denton.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

The club membership thing has not been around for at least five or six years, or at least if it is still on the books, it is definitely not enforced in Denton.

Well, considering its been that long since I've been to a bar in Denton....there ya go. Let me continue to pretend to be Kevin Bacon though please.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

They absolutely serve beer in the Union Syndicate, but typically around events like the Tuesdays and Wednesday evenings when the jazz ensembles play 9:00-Midnight.

Ah.  I've only ever been in there on the weekend.  Maybe not for a year or so, and all I ever saw was a skeleton of a bar with no signs of operating taps or bottles.