'18 Safety Reggie Williams, Grand Prairie

dmaxel

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Any idea how many of these were still valid? 

Love the Combo of Gibbs and Williams

Not concerned about that.   Look at a guy like Darden, who most believe had his VATech offer dry up... yet he's still the biggest contributor in this class right now.

I'm also pumped at those guys as well seeing as their offer lists are a mile long.

Great Pickup!

Welcome to the Mean Green Family Reggie!

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Any idea how many of these were still valid? 

I wouldn't say that is completely irrelevant, but I think as long as those schools at some point thought this kid was good enough to ball, you shouldn't weigh too much into this.

There are several reasons schools withdraw offers.  Lack of performance is one of them, but I think it's pretty rare.

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

I wouldn't say that is completely irrelevant, but I think as long as those schools at some point thought this kid was good enough to ball, you shouldn't weigh too much into this.

There are several reasons schools withdraw offers.  Lack of performance is one of them, but I think it's pretty rare.

Never said that it was relevant irrelevant.. I asked because its a legitimate question which likely we won't find out but something to be asked.. 

The offer list is impressive, and glad to have him.. But is this a Bean thing that we are the last school standing? 

• Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Never said that it was relevant irrelevant.. I asked because its a legitimate question which likely we won't find out but something to be asked.. 

The offer list is impressive, and glad to have him.. But is this a Bean thing that we are the last school standing? 

Looks like some of those offers came AFTER ours, so I think we just straight up won a recruiting battle.  Maybe not against ALL of those teams, but at least some.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We win a recruiting battle and look for reasons why...we lose recruiting battles and say our coaches can't recruit.  Crazy.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We win a recruiting battle and look for reasons why...we lose recruiting battles and say ojr coaches can't recruit.  Crazy.

When did I say I was never happy with this commitment/ questioned the commitment or blame any coaches (I’ve been far to long on the coaches/system fit side and still believe it’s critical to find kids who fit our schemes)?? 

Never did, and asking if anyone know of still valid/invalid offers now is no biggie nor a strike against the kid..Get over yourself..

Solid addition and happy he is committed to UNT

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

When did I say I was never happy with this commitment/ questioned the commitment or blame any coaches (I’ve been far to long on the coaches/system fit side and still believe it’s critical to find kids who fit our schemes)?? 

Never did, and asking if anyone know of still valid/invalid offers now is no biggie nor a strike against the kid..Get over yourself..

Solid addition and happy he is committed to UNT

It was a thought about a majority of our fans. If you took it too heart, then it is what it is. It's just a no win situation with some folks.  Sorry if it hit a nerve. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It was a thought about a majority of our fans. If you took it too heart, then it is what it is. It's just a no win situation with some folks.  Sorry if it hit a nerve. 

You quoted me and not someone else so I replied.. The kid is solid. But asking what are valid and invalid are legitimate questions.. 

Reggie, Welcome to UNT and it will be enjoyable to see you and Gibbs roaming

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

TJ Henson

Billy coming in to set all you sorry suckas straight!!  Billy, i feel pretty smart saying we got best back in DFW for Smith's class.   Dudes a FREAK!

13 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You quoted me and not someone else so I replied.. The kid is solid. But asking what are valid and invalid are legitimate questions.. 

Reggie, Welcome to UNT and it will be enjoyable to see you and Gibbs roaming

I used your post as an example.