North Texas is Back on the Map!

Side Show Joe

17 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I like it but I'm a bit confused, why are we in the Carolinas?

We have a few things in common here.  I'm originally from East Texas (just down the road from C-town), I like the map, and I'm also a bit confused as to how/why we own territory in the Carolinas.

3 minutes ago, NT93 said:

We have a few things in common here.  I'm originally from East Texas (just down the road from C-town), I like the map, and I'm also a bit confused as to how/why we own territory in the Carolinas.

Actually, we are just circling our prey at high altitude, waiting for our opportunity to attack in 12 days. Our strategy is to swoop down, scream "Beep Beep your ass!", make a merciless kill, and claim that big chunk of blue-colored real estate in Texas.

• Upvote 1

The map started with every county in the US assigned to the nearest D1 school.  We began the year with Denton County and some counties north and west of Denton.  If your team wins one week then you get the land the opponent had.  If you lose, then you lose your land to your opponent.  For example, TCU has defeated SMU, Baylor, and OK St which explains why they have the land they do.  

In this  case, Southern U beat SC State in week one to grab that land in the Carolinas.  Then USM beat Southern U to grab that land.  Then we beat USM to claim that land and we'll hold that space until we lose a game.  Going into this weekend USM holds no lands but UTSA holds a large section in south Texas.  If UTSA wins then we'll have the chance to claim that section of land for ourselves by beating UTSA next week.  

It will be interesting to see how the may turns out.  Imagine if Alabama runs the table and claims a ton of land ... then gets upset by Mercer in the second to last game of the year (upset of the century) and Mercer dominates the map. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

The map started with every county in the US assigned to the nearest D1 school.  We began the year with Denton County and some counties north and west of Denton.  If your team wins one week then you get the land the opponent had.  If you lose, then you lose your land to your opponent.  For example, TCU has defeated SMU, Baylor, and OK St which explains why they have the land they do.  

In this  case, Southern U beat SC State in week one to grab that land in the Carolinas.  Then USM beat Southern U to grab that land.  Then we beat USM to claim that land and we'll hold that space until we lose a game.  Going into this weekend USM holds no lands but UTSA holds a large section in south Texas.  If UTSA wins then we'll have the chance to claim that section of land for ourselves by beating UTSA next week.  

It will be interesting to see how the may turns out.  Imagine if Alabama runs the table and claims a ton of land ... then gets upset by Mercer in the second to last game of the year (upset of the century) and Mercer dominates the map. 

TCU also beat Arkansas

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Good except for the last bit. We're in the Carolinas because UAB beat Coastal Carolina and then we beat them.

We've had the Carolinas since Week 4. Beating Southern Miss got us nothing. Here's a GIF of the progression: https://imgur.com/a/0dJi8

Edited by dmaxel

17 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Good except for the last bit. We're in the Carolinas because UAB beat Coastal Carolina and then we beat them.

We've had the Carolinas since Week 4. Beating Southern Miss got us nothing. Here's a GIF of the progression: https://imgur.com/a/0dJi8

I get that, but trying to make any sense of it is like
mathhhh570.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

nONdFpy.gif

It's a cool idea, really.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1