BREAKING: Lamar game may "possibly" be cancelled per Lamar HC

Harry

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Aren't they playing in SA??? If they are playing in SA, no idea why it would be postponed..

I'd like to think the UNT/Lamar is more likely since a larger sum ( I would assume) is being exchanged 

Yeah, in the Alamodome. I would guess it had more to do with the logistics of practicing and moving the team prior to the game than it did the weather at gametime.

5 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

UTSA v Houston was just called.

Not a good sign.

Let's be clear here.  UNT absolutely wants this game to be played for many reasons.  Lamar not so much and I'm sure they would like to reschedule since we both have the same open date.  But Lamar needs the check. While I hope we can make it happen, we need to be careful on this and don't want to pull a Joel Osteen or Texas Rangers move.  This is a major, major disaster and we need to be sensitive to that. 

Just now, meangreenthirteen said:

Yeah, in the Alamodome. I would guess it had more to do with the logistics of practicing and moving the team prior to the game than it did the weather at gametime.

except they are already in Austin practicing for the game.  

Only exception to us, would be that Beaumont hasn't seen anywhere near the devastation that the city of Houston has seen.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

except they are already in Austin practicing for the game.  

Only exception to us, would be that Beaumont hasn't seen anywhere near the devastation that the city of Houston has seen.

That's right. I guess maybe out of sensitivity to the situation and the families of the players? Y'all's guesses are as good as mine there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Not a good sign.

Let's be clear here.  UNT absolutely wants this game to be played for many reasons.  Lamar not so much and I'm sure they would like to reschedule since we both have the same open date.  But Lamar needs the check. While I hope we can make it happen, we need to be careful on this and don't want to pull a Joel Osteen or Texas Rangers move.  This is a major, major disaster and we need to be sensitive to that. 

I don't think a Texas Rangers/Osteen thing would happen.. The game is meant to be played up here in DFW and not in the path of the storm...

Wondering if Lamar is thinking/hoping they can try and squeeze UNT for us to pay for them to come up early to play the game instead of it being delayed.

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I don't think a Texas Rangers/Osteen thing would happen.. The game is meant to be played up here in DFW and not in the path of the storm...

Wondering if Lamar is thinking/hoping they can try and squeeze UNT for us to pay for them to come up early to play the game instead of it being delayed.

They must've heard about our Liberty series then. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

There's literally no way to drive out of downtown Houston. Why get in the way of rescue operations?

Beaumont is still driveable. As long as the path to Lufkin isn't flooded between now and Friday.

Edited by Aldo

25 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

They must've heard about our Liberty series then. 

Gotta think, Lamar likely can't pass up the paycheck from the game after this storm.. 

The question is, do they get it (the check) after week 1 or week 7? We need the game in WK 1 more than they do.. To them, how do you make it worth it? Honestly we need the game WK1 really bad... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

This must be out of respect to fans. The team is already in Austin, so there's more to this decision than just getting to SA.

This is what early reports seem to be saying.   Major Applewhite just said "Its about our city".