Lamar's plan to get to Denton

Harry

6 minutes ago, DannyShapiro said:

1. This isn't an issue you're really allowed an opinion about from the comfort of your fully-equipped home five hours away (or wherever you live). I've got no running water, a flooded car and haven't had a hot meal in days.

2. Lamar AD is "too busy" to speak with me and give an explanation for trying to navigate through this mess, per media relations. I know how to do my job.

3. Team took at least three coach buses and an equipment truck away from an area that is still evacuating people and still seeing flood waters rise. The basketball arena next door to their stadium is housing hundreds of evacuees. Those buses could be put to better use.

Understand this, but team hasn't had a padded practice since last Saturday. No chance the team is game ready (nor should they be).

IOW, @MeanGreenTexan, he has not. He has not asked the team anything. He's just pissing in his pants. And the whole hot meal for a few days...Poor you. Comments like that is why the World hates Americans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

IOW, @MeanGreenTexan, he has not. He has not asked the team anything. He's just pissing in his pants. And the whole hot meal for a few days...Poor you. Comments like that is why the World hates Americans. 

I understand/empathize with his frustration.   Very tough times in SETX right now.   I'm fully aware & despite my location, am concerned/invested.  My sister lives there.  

• Confused 1

While I am going to the game, I feel it should not be played. U of H did the right thing in cancelling game at UTSA even though the team was in Austin[I think]. As Danny Shapiro correctly stated,those resources that are being used to get Lamar here could be better utilized in a city submerged without electricity and running water.This is a case, in my opinion, of misplaced priorities.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, wardly said:

While I am going to the game, I feel it should not be played. U of H did the right thing in cancelling game at UTSA even though the team was in Austin[I think]. As Danny Shapiro correctly stated,those resources that are being used to get Lamar here could be better utilized in a city submerged without electricity and running water.This is a case, in my opinion, of misplaced priorities.

I can't argue with that. But I can argue with Shapiro taking blind shots at people when he was literally no earthly idea what took place between Lamar and UNT. He claims to be a journalist, but he's just throwing opinions into the wind as fact. It's why no one takes any media outlet or journalist seriously anymore. That, and of course, Brian Williams...

Image result for brian williams meme

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

So, the short answer is that you haven't asked the team how they feel about playing the game

You don't have to any more.  Media is 99% opinion.

40 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I think it is more along the lines of what you said that causes people to hate Americans.  I'm guessing you have never had to deal with a catastrophic weather event and been without necessities for days.  What a d-bag.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, DannyShapiro said:

1. This isn't an issue you're really allowed an opinion about from the comfort of your fully-equipped home five hours away (or wherever you live). I've got no running water, a flooded car and haven't had a hot meal in days.

Yes all that sucks, but it could have been much worse in terms of losing many many more lives.. my family down in HOU lost their house and cars, etc but they know it could have been worse.. 

Just know many other people have dealt with these before and it sucks.. I've deployed and my only "hot" meal was a MRE that wasn't really hot nor good for multiple days in a row.. been there having no running water, that  they had to fly in bottles of water for us. Again not to making this what's sucked more contest but everyone has had moments of suck (some worse than others) but it will be fixed just not as quickly and everyone would like. Glad you (and the rest of the team) are now safe now and can have a few hot meals now. Welcome to Denton.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

You don't have to any more.  Media is 99% opinion.

I think it is more along the lines of what you said that causes people to hate Americans.  I'm guessing you have never had to deal with a catastrophic weather event and been without necessities for days.  What a d-bag.

I've lived an accumulation of years without "necessities". That's cute though. 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1