BREAKING: Lamar game may "possibly" be cancelled per Lamar HC

Harry

4 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Under normal circumstances, when would Lamar leave for Denton ?  Friday ?  Thursday ? 

GO MEAN GREEN

Under normal circumstances, Friday.  In this case, whenever the road conditions are expected to be the best.  If they think it will make a difference early Saturday vs. Friday afternoon, they'll likely wait.  Purely speculation.

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

I thought visiting  teams always spent the night at a hotel near the game.  Unless a Denton to Ford Field trip or similar.

Usually yes, but it’s been thrown around how much Lamar needs the money, so they could save quite a bit if they bussed up and back.  

Just to be clear, I have no info as to one way or the other

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

I thought visiting  teams always spent the night at a hotel near the game.  Unless a Denton to Ford Field trip or similar.

Normally, I would think a team might come in the day before but there is mention of the teams budget so I was just putting two and two together with the Day of. Also if they are still on schedule to play, they might wait until night before to make final decision on road conditions and then head out early Saturday morning

• Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, KABrother88 said:

Thanks for your kind thoughts.  Unfortunately it's not looking like I'll have a chance to make it up there.  Believe me I could go for some cold beer, tailgate food and some college football right about now.  There was an outside chance before Harvey but I would have been going with a friend from Houston but he'll have other priorities now.

As for my house, I was spared last night.  Rain slacked off at about 2:00 this morning but had it continued for another hour so so at the rate it was at I would have had no chance.  Port Arthur which is about 10 minutes from me in the opposite direction of Lamar got absolutely hammered last night.  People being rescued from rooftops and such.  They were evacuating people to the Port Arthur Civic Center until it started to take on water.

I'm very familiar with Coach Langston.  His son is actually still a part of the Lamar team as a Long Snapper.  There was considerable improvement in our OL play when he moved from DFO to OL coach.  His first year as OC in 2015 saw Lamar have a RB run for 2,000+ yards and crossed the 2,000 mark in only 10 games...one of only 7 players in D-1 history to do that.  The OL also only gave up 5 sacks that season too.  2016 was an absolute nightmare as that RB went down with a season ending foot injury in game 5 then saw 4 QBs go down with season ending injuries in the next 3 weeks.  We ended up burning 2 red shirts at the QB position and finished the season with 1 healthy QB and a WR as the back-up QB.

If the game is played, and you want to come up, I'd do what I can to help.  Do you need a ticket? etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

If the game is played, and you want to come up, I'd do what I can to help.  Do you need a ticket? etc.

Very thoughtful gesture.  At the moment I've volunteered my time to some friends.  While I was spared water damage many close friends weren't.  I'll be pulling carpet for the next few days.  On top of that, lightening hit our outside A/C unit so I'm about to shell out a few grand on that.  Insurance should reimburse some but it still sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, KABrother88 said:

Very thoughtful gesture.  At the moment I've volunteered my time to some friends.  While I was spared water damage many close friends weren't.  I'll be pulling carpet for the next few days.  On top of that, lightening hit our outside A/C unit so I'm about to shell out a few grand on that.  Insurance should reimburse some but it still sucks.

The offer stands.  If they want to get away for a few hours, and enjoy some football, Ill do what I can to help, and I'm sure many of the Mean Green family will do the same. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1